Security Field Manager
Reference ID: 292502
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
The Field Manager is responsible for managing the overall operation of all security contracts within the Calgary area outside of business hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that serves a diverse community base, supports employee growth and development, has a team oriented philosophy, and makes an impact within our community. This position works from 4:00pm - 4:00am on a 4 on 4 off rotation.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Strong focus and attention on maintaining Paladin Security's standards and industry best practice in the areas of:
o Safety & Emergency Management
o Operational Management
o Personnel & Staffing,
o Security Administration
o Other relevant Security Department functions.
• A critical component of this position is quality assurance, to ensure high security and customer service standards are maintained.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining contacts with clients, Client Service Managers, our 24/7 operations staff, public authorities, and security industry stakeholders.
• Accountable for
• Responsible for employee performance management
• First point of contact for Operations, Zone Supervisors, Clients, and Staff for any incident, emergency, or inquiry
• Responsible for management level response to incidences and emergencies, while liaising with local authorities and regulatory agencies, depending on incident
• Provides disciplinary action and coaching to all staff as needed as well as making sure incident reports are immediately completed and placed in an employee's file
• Ensures thorough Site Training and Employee Orientation programs are in place and completed by Guards at all sites
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Paladins Occupational Health and Safety program at all sites
• Monitor, identify and report any health and safety deficiencies on their site, and instruct all staff in good work safe practices
• Communicates appropriate information to Operations as needed to ensure any outstanding issues are dealt with in a timely fashion
Monitors daily and nightly reports and Incident Reports and takes any appropriate action needed
• Provides Guards with continued and adequate training as it relates to the duties and responsibilities of the position
• Develops, promotes and presents Paladins services to prospective clients in a professional manner
• Regularly monitors TEAM software to ensure that the company's contractual obligations are met, schedule is up-to-date and that TEAM is an accurate reflection of number and type of hours worked during the pay period
• Fosters strong working relationships with Paladin's office staff and Guards across all sites
• Monitor daily and nightly incident reports to ensure both relevancy and accuracy
• Ensure that all services provided comply with Paladins Code of Ethics and The Policy and Procedure Manual
• Other duties as required
• Must possess a valid Alberta Security License
• Completion of high school diploma required; undergraduate degree an asset
Prior security and/or law enforcement experience required.
• Must posses a valid class 5 drivers license with a clean drivers abstract for the last three years
• Must posses a minimum of two years of Security Management experience with a team of 10 employees or greater
• Working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on fire safety, security, and protection of privacy
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Must have strong leadership, time management and organizational skills
• Computer literate and able to assimilate knowledge of site systems
• Able to work independently and display objectivity and sound judgment
• Dependable and Professional in all job functions
• Physically able to walk 18 20 km/day
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
• Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure, in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
• Mature and positive attitude with a high level of professionalism
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention
Post secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized insititution or equivalent experience
Additional Information / Benefits
What You Can Expect From Us:
• An opportunity to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
• A competitive compensation package
• A company leading in Quality Standards with a 360 Degree Quality Assurance Program for Environmental Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards
• Access to all support systems including our three 24/7 Operations Centers and our National Quality Standards and Support Team
• Company paid professional development programs
• A dynamic and challenging opportunity in a performance based company with limitless opportunity for personal career growth
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This is a Full-Time position 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: March 10, 2018
Closes:May 9, 2018