Ready to create new opportunities in uncharted territory? Join our team!
Safety matters to our customers, so it matters to us. By using our technology and services, we are making homes and businesses safer and more convenient for our customers. The newly formed Connected Home Solutions team at TELUS brings the power of technology to life for our residential and small business customers. Bring your proven sales experience, eye for business and strategic insight to our high performing, customer-first sales environment to help us grow our Security and Automation sales.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As a Security Sales Professional, you will own sales execution and be responsible for actively building relationships within accounts. Your goal will be to increase TELUS presence, focusing on security solutions aligned to our client's needs. Your responsibilities will be broad in scope, encompassing a wide variety of activities, requiring rapid shifts in priorities. Your focus will be managing relationships within our existing customer base. Your ability to take action, foster relationships and take initiative will ensure your success in this role. This is a career-shaping journey that will set you apart from many as you help build and grow a world-class connected home and security business at TELUS!
• By promoting and selling Security and Automation services over the phone and in person
• Actively prospecting for potential Business and Consumer customers
• By building trust, loyalty and solid long-term relationships with key decision-makers
• With your understanding of current and prospective customers' security automation needs and issues, and ability to conduct "needs analysis" for clients.
• Delivering the right solution for your clients' evolving requirements with timely and efficient service and owning client relationships, including planning and service delivery
• With your effective negotiation ability & entering into contractual agreements in accordance with TELUS' policy and procedures
• Providing accurate and timely forecasts, funnel hygiene, target/objective updates to deliver on all territory plans and team annual targets
• By maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and leading the account team to drive real and long-standing business value
• Positively represent TELUS values at work and in the community Positions are currently available in the following locations:
•Okanagan area (Penticton, Kelowna)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle with your:
• Business and residential sales knowledge and/or 2-5+ years of successful sales experience
• Excellent communication skills and a natural ability to think and act strategically while applying formal sales methodologies with your clients
• Skill at selecting and qualifying profitable opportunities is second to none
• Demonstrated success handling both short and long-term selling cycles while effectively and consistently applying a multi-step selling process/methodology
• You have an aptitude for selling and effectively managing and fostering positive relationships
• You have a strong sensitivity to customer needs and situations, analytical ability in discerning priority and non-priority issues, making decisions and can be persuasive in negotiating mutually satisfying resolutions
• Full Class 5 drivers license and ability to travel occasionally
• You have experience with, or an affinity for, volunteerism and community involvement
• Knowledge or previous experience in the home security industry
• Solution selling methodology knowledge Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Sales and Marketing