Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Security Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the activities of the security staff which provides safety and protects all patrons, employees and company assets. Supervise programs and processes to reduce and control loss time injuries. Review staffing levels to maintain full coverage of posts. Delegate authority and assign responsibilities. Investigate incidents and/or customer complaints and compile data for accurate reporting. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive or restrictive; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Supervision of Security Guards on assigned shift.
• Responsible for the proper execution of assigned duties.
• Trains new guards.
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities including training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Maintains a professional departmental, company and community reputation.
• Maintains regular, consistent attendance record.
• Knowledgeable of and adhere to all rules and regulations, policies, and orders.
• Provides protection for Park Place Mall, all employees and guests of the institution.
• Provides overall protection of company assets.
• Interacts with guests, employees and vendors in a professional manner.
• Interacts with local law enforcement agencies as required.
• May assist in operating the timekeeping system.
• Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Security License
• Must possess and maintain a valid Level-C First Aid/CPR Certification
• Has knowledge of local laws and regulations as well as company internal controls, policies, and procedure.
• Must be able to deal with various levels of personality traits and maintain self-control.
• Must conduct oneself in a professional and efficient manner during interaction with people.
• Must have integrity and basic desire to protect and serve.
• Must prepare written statements and investigations in a logical and grammar correct manner.
• Standard hours are 1000hrs-1800hrs, Tuesday through Saturday. Must be able to work any shift including weekend, night and holidays; and/or work extended hours if required.
• Must be self-motivated and willing to work with others.
• Must possess a positive attitude.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises day-to-day activities; provides training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraise performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; and addresses complaints and resolving problems.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a high school diploma or GED. Must have two to five years' experience as a security guard or law enforcement agent with a 2-year degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must speak, read, and write English.PHYSICAL & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
The physical and work environments described here are representative of those that must be met and are encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis; Ability to work for extended periods in an office under artificial fluorescent lighting with varying noise levels. Must be able to perform under pressure, concentrate for a prolonged periods and able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Alberta Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1