Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
- Monitor the patient's overall safety and report any changes to security and/or nursing staff
- Ensure the safety of all stakeholders, including patients, clinical staff and visitors with de-escalation techniques and, if needed, physical intervention.
- Log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities
- Communicate in a truthful and receptive manner under all circumstances
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
- Maintain a detailed log of all patient interactions
- Develop thorough site knowledge, and maintain professional relationships with sites and office staff
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance
- Monitor and screen visitors and clients in a professional manner
To qualify for the Security Watch position, candidates must have open availability including a willingness to work weekends and overnight shifts.
- Must possess a high school diploma/GED equivalent
- Currently possessing a valid Alberta Security would be considered a strong asset
- First Aid/NVCI training considered an asset
Education Requirements (Any)
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills; Ability to interact confidently and proactively with the general public presenting a professional image.
- Successfully conduct security patrols up to 20km without direct supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
- Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
- Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
High School Diploma/GEDCertification Requirements (Any)
Valid Alberta Security License
First Aid, CPR Level C
Non Violent Crisis Intervention
Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 20
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security