Senior Accountant, Accounting, Private Company Services
Reference ID: 15210BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Private Company Services practice:
PwC's Private Company Services clients are private businesses, ranging from high net worth individuals to owner-managed family businesses. PwC's Private Company Services MySolutions Team consists of business advisors dedicated to resolve the day-to-day business issues of our clients and help them achieve long-term success.
The Opportunity: Senior Accountant, MySolutions
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing relationships with existing clients and forging new ones in order to exceed their expectations. You will manage the relationship throughout the assignment and ensure proactive and professional communication with key stakeholders. You will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by seeking feedback, collaborating with your peers and demonstrating a positive attitude and approach to your work. You will also promote a culture of learning and development by assisting to Coach more junior staff.
Your work will be primarily:
· Preparing financial statements from source documentation for operating companies and investment holding companies;
· Preparing various tax election forms;
· Year-end planning for various companies;
· Compilation of client information and working paper file preparation;
· Planning and executing review engagements in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards in addition to preparation of financial statement in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
· Drafting complete financial statements and related notes and preparing personal and corporate tax returns and other information.
· Supervising and coaching junior staff and reviewing their work where applicable.
· Following-up on Notices of (Re) Assessments;
· Preparing memos to file and other correspondence, as required;
· Researching, as required.
· Accounting diploma or degree from a College or University
· 3-5 years' accounting experience
· CA, CGA, CMA Designation(s) or Equivalent is considered an asset
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with clients at a professional level;
· Good report writing skills;
· Fundamental Financial Accounting and Tax knowledge;
· Sound knowledge of preparing Canadian personal and corporate income tax returns;
· Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and multi task
· Ability to work in a consistently fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Computer software knowledge (Excel, Caseware, Tax Prep, QuickBooks, Sage, Simply Accounting)
· Proactive and takes ownership for development
· Team Player
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at PwC will help you realize your career aspirations.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
This role does not support completion of the Canadian CPAdesignation.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019