You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Are you a talented audit professional interested in career opportunities abroad? KPMG in Canada is looking for Senior Accountants
like you to join our audit practice across the country.
Experience everything living and working in Canada has to offer while continuing to grow your audit career as part of an amazing team of professionals.
At KPMG, we're focused on driving the future of audit. We're making cutting-edge technological changes to traditional practices to increase audit quality and ensure our teams are able to provide deeper insights to our clients. Our forward-thinking culture values innovation and empowers our people to expand and adapt their skills which are invaluable in our rapidly changing world. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Conduct external financial statement audits.
- Leadership of field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
- Perform analysis of complex accounting issues.
- Perform financial and systems analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients.
- As an Audit professional, you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark[SK1] for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations.
Keys to your success:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget.
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to maintain strong client relationships.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties.
- Strong IFRS and/or ASPE, or equivalent framework, knowledge.
SOX/PCAOB audit experience and/or previous use of Tax Prep and Caseware programs would be highly beneficial.
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Successful completion of the CFE and working towards a CPA designation.
- 2 - 3 years post graduate experience in a public practice firm
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Maintaining regular communication with the management team including Managers, Senior
- Managers and Partners, as well as clients.
- Bringing intelligence and dedication to meet demands at key times of pressure to execute final deliverables to the client.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.