Grow, Learn and lead at every point in your career with KPMG.
The Enterprise practice in the Calgary office is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our non-audit private company Accounting team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills, work with new clients in various industries, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our team of professionals provide outstanding customer service so clients can focus on their core business. As a Senior Accountant you will be required to apply KPMG's accounting practices and methodologies throughout the client engagement, while receiving coaching and mentoring to help you achieve your professional development goals and aspirations. What you will do
- Preparation of Notice to Reader financial statements and working paper files.
- Preparation of Review Engagement financial statements and working paper files.
- Preparation of tax returns (T1, T2, T5013 and T3) including supplementary and regulatory forms (T1135, T1134, T106, T4 and T5).
- Providing coaching and mentorship to Junior Staff.
- Developing and maintain relationships with clients.
- Managing multiple projects and ensuring partners/senior managers are regularly communicated with in a timely manner on the completion timelines and/or obstacles to completion of projects.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
You will possess the following skills and behaviors. The opportunity to take ownership, progress and succeed is absolutely available to you.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Proven track record in strong project management and organizational skills.
- Effectively monitors multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines and budget.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business and maintain strong client relationships.
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional in the performance of duties.
- Uses previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Ability to use a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Keys to your success:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Bachelor's degree in commerce or business administration (accounting or finance major preferred).
- Completed or near completion of the CPA designation
- 2-4 years' experience in a Public Accounting firm working on private clients is essential.
- Advanced working knowledge of CSRE 2400, Canadian Standard on Review Engagements.
- Advanced working knowledge of Accounting standards for private enterprises (ASPE).
- Experience working with Canadian income taxation.
- Experience with Caseware, Caseview and Tax Prep preferred.
- 2 - 3 years post graduate experience with exposure to a variety of industries.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org