Permanent Reference code
:118383 Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Edmonton, AB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
-- Are you looking for a challenging new career in accounting? Look no further!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As an Accounting Technician you will be responsible for financial record-keeping of all client activities, making journal entries and preparing corporate tax returns, GST, HST, as required. You will also communicate with clients to identify issues, complete bank and other account reconciliations, work with accounting software and provide support to the client, generate financial reports and complete other accounting related duties, as required.About the team
A career in "The Hub" the Deloitte private Centre of Excellence will offer you the opportunity to:
• Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
• Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
• Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
• Work with and service a diverse group of clients in a variety of industry sectors
"The Hub" collaborates with local client delivery teams across the country to carry out tasks required to complete compilation and review engagements and associated tax compliance for small and medium private clients. With clients ranging in size and including some of Canada's top private companies, you will have an opportunity to work with a variety of business sectors including manufacturing, agriculture, retail/service, construction, real-estate, transportation, professional services and others. Engagements will vary from stand-alone companies to large corporate groupsEnough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with :
• 2-5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and hands-on experience
• Possess very good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
• Quick learning capacity
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, professional manner and ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skillsOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Bank, Banking, Equity, Developer, Finance, Technology