June 14, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Infrastructure Lead, Teck Digital Systems, the Senior Analyst, Infrastructure is responsible for acting as part of a virtual, distributed team responsible for all enterprise operational server systems, including projects. The related infrastructure that supports the core functions of Teck Resources Limited are Information acquisition, analysis, storage, and retention for financial, materials, sales, logistics, exploration, environmental, and risk purposes. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage work queues, incidents, requests, and service level agreements in accordance with policy
- Manage on premise and Cloud application and desktop virtualization
- Manage technical documentation related to the functions of the server team
- Support and troubleshoot Citrix Thin Client/Server technologies and all underlying Infrastructure that host Teck's business and real-time applications
- Support Application/Desktop Virtualization (hosted on Citrix Virtual Apps) and Server/Desktop Operating Systems (Windows)
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- One or more of the following Citrix training or certifications is preferred: CCA-V, CCA-P, CCA-N
- Minimum four years supporting Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops
- Minimum two years supporting Citrix Netscaler Gateway/ADC
- Minimum three years supporting virtualized environments (VMWare ESX)
- Minimum one year supporting Cloud (Citrix/Azure/AWS) environments
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems 2008 through 2016
- Good understanding of VMWare ESX
- Good understanding of network, and hardware technologies
- Excellent problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage time demands and prioritize work when supporting staff at multiple locations
- Must possess good knowledge of Citrix application/desktop virtualization, Microsoft Windows Server family and network infrastructure, VMware ESX
- Possess knowledge of scripting and automation through PowerShell
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate within a distributed team as well as other departments at all levels of the organization
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Social Media, Computer Science, Sustainability, Virtualization, Marketing, Mining, Technology, Energy
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...