Help us develop extraordinary new Android TV applications to showcase our best in class Optik TV service! Join our team!
TELUS' Technology Strategy team leverages evolving technologies to provide a reliable and superior Customer Experience, to delight and engage our customers. You will be a member of the TV Systems & Applications team, collaborating with many teams to ensure projects are delivered in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Our software engineers develop the next-generation applications that change how our customers connect, explore, and interact with information, entertainment and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, user interface (UI) design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
This is your opportunity to take charge and craft new client solutions, moving Optik TV in a new direction. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together!
TELUS is looking for a Senior Android TV Developer
, to lead the development of TV applications for various Android devices - set top boxes, tablets, and mobile.
With your technical expertise you will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables, as you design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance these solutions. You will define and implement new and updated content service features and capabilities, to support TELUS' launch of creative and future friendly entertainment services.
Your enthusiasm for learning, love of a challenge and leadership capabilities will be keys to your success. Here's how...
• Performs: Android TV application architecture, Android TV coding, package configuration compliant with Google Play Store required development standards, test plan development and test automation
• Identifies & recommends: Android TV improvements/solutions to expand customer services by anticipating customer problems, as well as DevOps process improvements
• Mentors & trains: Mentors and trains team members on technical and industry-related issues and provides effective knowledge transfer
• Evaluates: Android TV software product alternatives and makes recommendations Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle...
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
• Considerable programming experience in Java
• Familiarity with embedded software and/or mobile applications
• Familiarity and experience with Android Studio, Android Material Design Guidelines, Android SDK, the Emulator, and publishing to the Google Play Store
• Experience with digital rights management and video formats
• Consistent track record in developing Android TV applications and a solid portfolio of apps published on the Google Play Store
• Ability to define architecture strategies for the Android applications portfolio
• Design and architect for system analytics
• Help us take on a wide variety of issues and bring innovative new features to the TV
• Oversee the project to completion, supporting delivery processes that are in place
• Maintain relationships with external vendors and other carriers
• Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
• Broad understanding of the consumer electronics industry (mobile, TV, etc.) and a desire to learn more Great-to-haves...
• 8+ years' experience developing client video applications
• 10+ years' direct experience with an IPTV environment, preferably with a telecommunications carrier or vendor Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: July 14, 2018
Closes: September 12, 2018