Senior Associate - Expatriate Tax
Reference ID: 15093BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Tax Services practice:
In our Tax Services practice, we work with clients to manage their tax opportunities. Our Canadian and global practices are linked, which means clients look to us for expert advice and guidance. We're the first choice when it comes to strategies on reducing taxes, innovative tax planning, and the effective management of reporting burdens.
The Opportunity: Senior Associate, Expatriate Tax
The PwC Global Mobility Services (GMS) group is currently seeking an Expatriate Tax Senior Associate to join our Calgary practice.
Our GMS team works closely with clients to offer practical approaches to the increasingly intricate challenges that face companies and individuals today. Our GMS professionals include accountants, tax specialists, financial advisors, and global mobility professionals with unmatched expertise in the global mobility service arena - tax, benefits, stock option and financial planning, international assignment, equity, compensation, strategy, compliance and process management.
· Daily coordination and some management of global mobility client accounts including:
· Communication with corporate clients and their assignees
· Assignee tax mobility consultations
· Assist with identification and conducting various consulting project including, but not limited to, compensation, internal client policies and other ad hoc activities
· Monitoring of client metrics, deliverables and billings
· Liaising between junior staff and managers for the efficient running of the accounts
· Preparation and review of complex Canadian/US personal income tax returns under the supervision of managers
· Coaching and mentoring the development of associates and interns/co-ops
· Assistance with new client proposals
· Networking with other lines of service (at an appropriate staff level) within the firm to leverage client opportunities
· Other internal firm activities as requested and as needed such as recruiting, business development and social activities
· Graduate of relevant undergraduate degree in business, accounting or related field
· 2-3 years of prior Expatriate or Canadian tax experience
· You are a mature self-starter who thrives on challenge and possesses the intellectual curiosity and analytical capability to delve beyond the surface of a particular issue
· You are an effective communicator and enjoy working in a team environment
· You have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, and an ability to work effectively under pressure. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
· You are flexible in terms of work schedule, as overtime will be required at certain times of year
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019