Permanent Reference code
:110235 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and financial performance data
Learn all aspects of formal and informal corporate restructuring
Work with clients to solve their most complex financial issues
Are you interested in sharpening your financial analysis skills and assisting companies in financial stress or distress? Deloitte's Restructuring Services team has an opportunity for you.
At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days.What will your typical day look like?
No day will be the same, but the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of formal and informal restructurings, which may involve taking possession of assets, operating insolvent businesses, reporting to Court, lenders and other parties, performing various financial analysis and understanding the viability of companies, and dealing with stakeholders through periods of crisis. The Associate or Senior Associate will also work closely with the team researching industry trends and performing analysis and will interact with business owners to develop options for various financial challenges.About the team
Restructuring Services (RS) is a national Deloitte practice providing professional services to owners, lenders, management and regulators of challenged and under-performing businesses. Work can range from the operational/financial restructuring of businesses to formal insolvency proceedings. Our professionals work collaboratively with clients in financial crisis, enabling them to survive and regain profitability. They systematically address the key strategic, operational and financial trouble spots of a business to rapidly diagnose any problem. Our professionals can then identify immediate stabilizing activities, provide operational and performance improvement advice, and address debt-structuring and refinancing, or recovery needs.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• An undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials
• A CPA or MBA, or with a desire to enroll in the CPA or CIRP program
• Relevant work experience is preferred but not required
• Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent Excel, PowerPoint and MSWord skills
• Tableau and data analytics skills a plus
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and interview skills, particularly in crisis situations
• An ability to identify and implement practical solutions
• Flexibility for mobility for out-of-town assignments
• Professional flexibility to support valuation, forensic, corporate finance, transaction services, value creation services or other deal needs
• A desire for new experiences and constant growth
...then we want to hear from you!Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Financial, Corporate Finance, CPA, Accounting, MBA, Finance, Management
Management and Executive