Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups, through to leading web companies and digital native organizations, all the way to Global 2000 companies in verticals including financial services, energy, telecommunications, retail, logistics, and technology.
Would you like to make history partnering with Energy & Resource customers to transform their business? Do you have the business savvy, technical knowledge, and executive presence necessary to help AWS take its transformational messages to Energy & Resource customers? Do you have the experience to help customer envision the possibilities that our services and solutions can create for them, and then help them unlock that potential value for their businesses?
We are hiring an accomplished Oil, Gas, and Resource executive for an Energy & Resources Business Development Manager (BDM) in the AWS Canada Commercial team. Energy and Resources in AWS covers the Oil & Gas, Mining, and Resource sectors and their respective value chains. You will own the domain, understanding the relevant industry use cases and solutions required to help deliver results across all Energy & Resource customers in Canada. As a BDM, you will enable borderless team orchestration, helping stakeholders connect across the right business units within Canada and the US.
As an experienced business development professional you know how to develop/execute a go-to-market plan and be the 'market maker' for the Energy & Resources segments. You will work to align all facets of the business (sales, marketing, partners, demand generation, training, professional services, solutions architecture, and worldwide business development) into a borderless team that helps achieve the customer and business goals for Canada. Starting with the customer outcomes for Energy and Resource customers , you will define the strategy and the execution requirements to help customers realize their outcomes with AWS. You will meet with customers to best understand how they are transforming their businesses for the future and to support their ability to accelerate their business. With that knowledge, you will help orchestrate the business towards the right strategies, sales plays, and delivery offerings that help our customers adopt AWS.
Your deep domain knowledge of the Energy & Resources industry will enable you to identify the workloads and use cases where AWS can add value. The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CxO/VP level of Energy & Resources organisations, as well as having the technical acumen to clearly communicate the benefits of cloud computing to customer IT architects, application analysts, and enterprise security teams. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of businesses large and small, and be deeply familiar with complex, legacy IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and identifying opportunities for delivering value is a must.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years working in, or selling to, the Energy and Resource industry. Specifically, a deep experience within the Oil & Gas industry, operating as either a business or technical executive, is required to be successful in this role.
• 10+ years of business development experience with proven and demonstrable results in taking a business area (product, service, practice) into double- and triple-digit growth.\
• 5+ years working in a matrix environment across multiple stakeholders and peer functional teams. Must have demonstrated the ability to lead through influence.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years delivering proven Energy & Resource specific transformational projects that have measurable outcomes to the business and would scale in the sector.
• Strong analytical skills. Able to dive deep into data analysis and create proven strategies from the insights on the data that deliver results for the business.
• Demonstrated engagement and participation in related industry groups (e.g. CERA, CAPP, SPE, PTAC, etc.)
• Proven experience in preparing and presenting business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new enterprise customers.
• Proven experience managing complex enterprise contract negotiations, in cooperation with legal and professional services teams.
• Proven experience in launching demand campaigns with marketing teams, demand generation teams, and partner organizations.
• Proven experience in building sales plays, creating / evaluating customer propensity models, and building campaign playbooks that create program plans from demand creation through customer adoption.
• Proven experience working with customers at the executive level, operating both as a subject matter expert and as a sales leader to help accelerate (or close) deals.
• Proven experience working with partners and partner teams to help build a strong and robust partner network to help sell and deliver services / products to customers.
• Strong business acumen, including the ability to dive deep into business numbers, understanding of trends and industry data, ability to communicate across variety of stakeholders in different organizations, and the ability to work with an operator mindset.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Canadian Federal and Provincial energy policy, regulatory bodies and frameworks, and research organizations
• Professional designation in Engineering, Engineering Technologist, Geology / Geophysics, or other industry related designation a plus
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer