IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking Senior Business Analyst to join our Resources Client in Calgary, A.B.
Why work with our client?
- Organization offering an environment with 160+ custom built in-house applications
- Offers the opportunity to put your problem-solving skills to work and solve complex multi-tiered application issues
- Contractors opinions are highly valued, and this client has a proven track-record of offering long term contracts with multiple extensions
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures;
- Gather and validate detailed business requirements between the Operational Readiness and our client’s Digital Systems Chilean & Canadian teams, monitor the progress of the development teams and ensure that the solution is addressing business requirements;
- Manage the solution delivery cycle from end to end, starting with requirements gathering, monitoring progress of digital systems teams who are building the solution, coordinating testing, and executing change management and training activities to ensure successful rollout and user satisfaction;
- Execute proper change management with end users in the field to ensure solutions are well communicated and well received;
- Work with the project manager to evolve/improve on various work packages timeline, effort, and cost;
- Produce documentation for training, change management and business process modeling purposes as part of solution delivery of business improvement initiatives;
- Perform research and assist the business in evaluating and selecting the best commercial software solutions;
- Comply with our client’s Standards, policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of supported solutions.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent domain experience
- 8 years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting Digital Solutions in an industrial setting;
- Strong breadth and depth of knowledge of general industrial business processes with a preference for mining and processing domains, and software systems that support them;
- Experience in Integrated Mining Operating Center and Integrated Planning would be an asset;
- Experience in cloud-based software development would be an asset;
- Excellent business analysis, project management and change management skills;
- Experience with the software development cycle in the areas of requirements gathering, prioritization, quality assurance, end user training and task management strategies;
- Ability to learn new technical business domains quickly;
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain strong relationships with business owners and application users;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High emotional maturity and ability collaborative well with others;
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish highly desired.
Why work with us?
- IT/IQ has consistently been one of the top three vendor’s year over year since 2010
- We provide excellent access to key hiring managers, which other agencies may not have access to
- When hiring managers are reviewing resumes, they will review the resumes from the agencies that have previously proven themselves and can be trusted
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.