WSP is currently seeking a Senior CAD Team Lead
for the Land Development & Municipal Engineering (LDME) Teams for the Calgary Region, which includes Canmore. Reporting to the Manager, LDME this position will be responsible for leading the CAD team, coordinating resources, and applying Civil 3D knowledge on project work from conceptual design through to completion on land development projects for residential, commercial and industrial subdivisions, municipal design projects, and related roadway projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established Team Lead or for someone who is ready to take that next career step. Opportunity, challenge, and a diverse range of projects awaits you.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of technical staff delivering CAD/Civil 3D drawings for land development, municipal and transportation projects;
- Some daily responsibilities may include the following:
- Develop and maintain 2D and 3D CAD environments, drawing folder structures, file naming conventions and drawing version/revision control;
- Control/import/set up reference drawings provided by others for use by CAD staff;
- Set up drawing sheet templates;
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert regarding client's CAD standards and procedures;
- Provide quality control checks and enforce company quality control procedures of drawings prior to each submission;
- Drive productivity, motivation, and performance;
- Responsible for overall resource management for CAD activities, including recruitment, team building, staff development and performance management.
- Provide and support career development plans for staff within the team to support skills development, effective succession management, career pathing and staff retention;
- Collaborate with other WSP offices, to manage work loads, to help support a knowledge network and relationships;
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D knowledge in projects from concept to completion;
- Design assistance and earthworks modeling;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design and Drafting;
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) would be an asset;
- 10+ years of experience in AutoCAD drafting and design;
- Experience in a leadership role would be an asset;
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D software is mandatory;
- BIM experience is an asset.
- Highly motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a flexible attitude are a must; and
- Capable of working independently.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Global Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians