At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer
to join the Prairies and North Region's Water Resources Engineering Group on a full-time
basis in Calgary
. The water group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high-profile projects in the Prairie Provinces, Territories, throughout Canada and throughout the world. The successful candidate will be involved in various civil, hydrotechnical, geotechnical, and mining projects. Your role as a Senior Civil Engineer
will include providing team leadership, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resources-related civil engineering, large earthworks and environmental projects. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your civil engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with Golder's clients and your other client contacts to pursue new work for the Water Resources Engineering Group. An overview of your role will include:
You will have a background in:
- Participating with a variety of engineering projects from the proposal stage, planning, design and construction
- Managing multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes
- Writing proposals and technical reports
- Leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients
- Leading or managing design of hydraulic structures, surface water diversions, water control structures, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipelines and mining infrastructure
- Preparation of tender packages including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Providing engineering support during construction
- Developing and sustaining positive business relationships
- Offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives
- Providing technical direction and mentoring to junior and intermediate staff
- Working with Golder clients to provide detailed design and construction support for large surface water diversion and water management projects
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience on construction administration and site inspections)
- Experience with water resources, dams, hydraulic structures and erosion protection is an asset.
- You must be registered or eligible for registration with APEGA as a Professional Engineer.
- Have a proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships
- 15 years minimum experience in Civil projects
- Experience in hydrotechnical projects is an asset
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously
- A team player and the ability to motivate and lead by example
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to write proposals and technical reports
- Committed to technical excellence
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 15 consecutive years
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of Golder ( member of WSP). Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
to Golder (member of WSP) as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder, now a member of WSP, is a leading, global consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request. To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.