OurFlexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives. The Opportunity:
WSP has a new opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join the Prairies and North Region's Water Resources Engineering Group on a full-time basis in Calgary, Edmonton, or Saskatoon. The water group provides a variety of engineering and environmental water services to many high-profile projects in the Prairie Provinces, Territories, throughout Canada and throughout the world. The successful candidate will be involved in various civil, hydrotechnical, geotechnical, and mining projects. Your role as a Senior Civil Engineer will include providing team leadership, mentoring, planning, design and construction expertise for water resources-related civil engineering, large earthworks and environmental projects. As a part of a multi-disciplinary team you will apply your civil engineering capabilities to a variety of projects. You will work with WSP's clients and your other client contacts to pursue new work for the Water Resources Engineering Group. A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- You will participate in a variety of engineering projects from the proposal stage, planning, design and construction;
- You will manage multiple project deadlines, budgets, and scope changes;
- You will write proposals and technical reports;
- You will be leading or managing multi-disciplinary project teams, collaborating and working efficiently with engineers, scientists, and managers at all levels, and communicating effectively with clients;
- You will be leading or managing design of hydraulic structures, surface water diversions, water control structures, water intakes, pump stations, surface water outlets to rivers, pipelines and mining infrastructure;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of tender packages including drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates;
- You will provide engineering support during construction;
- You are expected to develop and sustain positive business relationships;
- You will offer innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives;
- You are expected to provide technical direction and mentoring to junior and intermediate staff;
- You will work with WSP clients to provide detailed design and construction support for large surface water diversion and water management projects.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering (with experience on construction administration and site inspections);
- Experience with water resources, dams, hydraulic structures and erosion protection (this is an asset);
- Eligibility for registration with APEGA and APEGS as a Professional Engineer;
- A proven track record of developing and strengthening client relationships;
- 15 years minimum experience in Civil Engineering Design projects;
- Experience in hydrotechnical projects (this is an asset);
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing, and people skills;
- The ability to exhibit a high degree of motivation, strategic planning, self-starting capability and able to work autonomously;
- A team player attitude, and the ability to motivate and lead by example;
- High ethical standards and integrity;
- The ability to write proposals and technical reports;
- A commitment to technical excellence;
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving able to manage and develop business relationships.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.