Requisition ID: 154520
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Agricultural banking is looking for a dynamic self-starter who embraces a team environment and shares our passion for helping Canadian businesses achieve their goals to join our Agriculture Banking team as a Senior Client Relationship Manager.
Our Agricultural banking professionals contribute to the overall success of the National Agriculture Strategy in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Is this role right for you?
- As a Senior Client Relationship Manager, you will proactively acquire new clients by developing a disciplined sales approach, understanding clients' needs and asking for business and referrals.
- You will deepen client relationships by providing proactive advice and solutions, being a client champion, leveraging partners and promoting cross sell.
- You will make it easy for customers to do business with Scotiabank by bringing the Bank to the customer and providing fast turnaround times.
- You have the passion and experience in the Agriculture industry in Canada.
- In this role you would be committed to delivering advice and a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. This team have a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results which thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- Experience of an expert sales/closing skills individual.
- Advanced portfolio management skills, including proven ability to execute sales activities and manage sales pipeline.
- You have developed the ability to establish and maintain a referral network to generate closed referrals.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Well-developed relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Advanced credit skills; analysis and completion of credit applications.
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Agricultural banking marketplace.
- Two to ten years of Agricultural banking experience.
- University degree in Business/Commerce and/or Agricultural studies.
- In this role you can direct the planned and advice-based portfolio management of moderately complex Commercial relationships.
- This is your opportunity to be responsible for the delivery of exceptional customer experience, cross sell, new client acquisition, credit underwriting and compliance, revenue growth and referral activities.
- If you have the passion for understanding clients' businesses and proactively identify needs through sales activities such as face-to-face calls within the Agriculture arena - this is your opportunity.
- If you love being on the road and visiting the Agriculture clientele personally, here it is.
- If you have a winning mindset and are proactive, resourceful and committed to profitable growth and delivering an exceptional client experience, we invite you to consider this position.
- This position reports to Director & Group Lead, Canadian Agriculture.
- People are our foundation and Scotiabank are committed to investing in its employees. We offer a blended learning and personal development curriculum that includes coaching, in-class workshops, team activities, e-learning, skill builds and other resources.
- We are also committed to providing advancement opportunities for those individuals who have the ability, aspiration and engagement to contribute at higher levels.
A standard office environment is provided; however, the incumbent spends 90% of the time away from an office environment, in customer/prospect facilities, travelling to conduct marketing activities and other customer interviews, trade shows, COI events etc. Travel requirements, sometimes in bad weather, add to the risk of injury. You will require a vehicle. Customer needs are frequent and sometimes outside of office hours.
** Open to locations in Edmonton, Barrhead, Westlock, Fort Saskatchewan or Leduc.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Fort Saskatchewan || Canada : Alberta : Barrhead || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Alberta : Leduc || Canada : Alberta : westlock
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Outside Sales, Finance, Insurance, Customer Service, Sales
Banking, Finance and Insurance