Permanent Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Edmonton Assurance Services group is expanding and we are looking for a talented Senior Consultant to join our team. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice:
A career in Audit Assurance will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise
- Develop client focused solutions through research and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional leadership development through training and continuous learning throughout the year
- Leverage your industry knowledge and skill expertise to build your personal brand in the market
- Advise high profile clients on a variety of unique engagements
As a Senior Consultant, Accounting Transaction Advisory you will:
- Work directly with clients on complex technical accounting matters including transaction related accounting questions, IFRS transition projects (IFRS 9, 15 and 16), GAAP conversions and other related accounting research, projects, audit support and memos
- Support our clients through disruptive events, including assisting them in preparing for initial public offerings, acquisitions, or divestitures
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country or internationally
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
External Posting Qualifications
- Have the CPA designation or equivalency OR be in progress of completion of the CPA
- Possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Audit & Advisory technical skills (GAAP, securities and regulatory)
- Finance experience including accounting research, memo writing and related process and data
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish & / or French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply