OverviewYou've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll join our extensive network of industry leading consultants providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services. As a member of KPMG Canada's cross-functional Cyber team, you will be dedicated to enabling our clients' cyber transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advisory, and support.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
Overview of the opportunity:
Our Calgary team is looking for a highly motivated Cloud Security Professional at a Senior Consultant level with hands-on technical expertise in Azure and AWS cloud environments. In this role, you'll collaborate with our close knit team of cyber security SME's to design and implement cloud security solutions for a variety of clients' across different industries, including solutions related to the identification, investigation, and resolution of security breaches detected by cloud security monitoring systems.
KPMG's Cyber team has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. This is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to stay ahead of the curve and work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities.
At KPMG we are a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Calgary, AB. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
As a Senior Consultant you will be a subject matter expert on cloud security operations. Your time will be focused on:
What you bring to the role
- Assisting in the implementation, deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions, as well as any enhancements to existing solutions in accordance with the clients' standards.
- Providing recommendations to improve the monitoring and troubleshooting of existing client security solutions for stability, reliability, and performance against security baselines.
- Recommending enhancements to existing client security solutions to improve overall enterprise security .
- Evaluate new cloud security solutions and vendors to ensure they meet client security standards.
- Formulate incident response procedures and participate in investigations for cloud incidents.
- Enhance and integrate secure cloud solutions into Managed Cloud Platforms.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Evolve your knowledge of new or updated security solutions, enhanced security processes, and the development of new attacks and threats.
As a Senior Consultant, we will look to you to bring a blend of knowledge and experience, including:
- 3+ years of experience with cloud-based infrastructure, including identifying security issues and risks, and developing risk mitigation plans leveraging Azure, AWS, or Google)
- Extensive experience in securing operating systems, firewalls, networks, systems, databases and application architectures.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Experience with cloud-native security tools for IaaS, PaaS, micro-severs and serverless.
- Experience with antivirus, IDS/IPS, WAFs, NSG, Express route, Application Firewalls.
- Experience with Azure Security Center, Azure Monitor, Azure Sentinel.
- Knowledge of security standards and regulations (NIST CSF, ISO 27K, CIS, CCM, SOC2)
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud security threats.
Nice to Have:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline .
- Cloud certifications such as Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer, AWS Technical Essentials or equivalent.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), or equivalent.
- Scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C#, Perl, or equivalent.
- Expertise with orchestration/ automation tools like Ansible and code management tools (GIT), GitLab.
- Good understanding of IT technologies and practices (DevSecOps, CI/CD).
- Working experience with CIS benchmarks, ISO27k, NIST 800-53 V4 and OWASP Top 10 .
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and detailed oriented.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Customer Service and Support