At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Calgary Risk Consulting is growing, and we require a strong Governance, Risk and Compliance Senior Consultant to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will focus primarily on the delivery of internal audit, risk and compliance services that add value to our clients, and will also have the opportunity to work on other Risk Management projects as required. What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services including:
What you bring to the role
- Assisting organizations with the establishment of internal audit functions and development of risk assessments and internal audit plans.
- Supporting organizations with the development, implementation, and execution of internal audit plans and projects in various sourcing arrangement.
- Assisting organizations with the delivery of specialized internal audit, information technology /system assessments, internal control, operational and financial risk management, governance and risk management, and regulatory compliance projects.
- Conducting internal audit function quality assessments.
- Delivering and, as assigned, perform aspects of internal audits including planning, risk assessments, developing audit programs, executing fieldwork, and preparing reports.
- Assisting with ERM development and assessment engagements including the identification of key risks and relevant controls.
- Developing recommendations to design and/or strengthen internal controls and assist in improving their efficiency and effectiveness, adding value to the organization.
- Assist in reviewing the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement members and providing guidance and leadership for performance improvement.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of internal audit and other basic risk training.
- Assisting with the creation of proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Networking internally and externally to create strong relationships and opportunities for business development.
- Developing industry expertise to identify growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- CPA, or candidates currently pursuing their CPA, would be viewed positively.
- CISA, CIA, CRMA or other relevant qualifications and designations would be an asset.
- 2-3 years of experience delivering internal audits, data analytics, and/or IT audit/control engagements, particularly regarding compliance with SOX 404/NI 52-109 in a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with internal control frameworks (COSO, COBIT) and experience in risk management processes is desirable.
- Familiar with and knowledgeable of ESG and Sustainability topics considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members, internal/external stakeholders with various backgrounds, and at different levels in the organization is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail with solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Self-motivated and willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients clearly and logically.
- Displays a can-do attitude and continuously seeks ways to do things better.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with clients and colleagues, and is able to keep calm under pressure.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .