Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Our Risk Advisory team is growing! We are seeking qualified candidates for our Internal Audit team.What will your typical day look like?
As an Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for leading and executing fieldwork audits at various organizations, including assessing the effectiveness of their controls according to established assessment frameworks. This will include using established tools and methodologies to develop risk-based audit plans, collect and analyze data, working with subject matter experts, and documenting and support results in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Practices Framework (PPF). Audits are conducted in a wide range of industries and sectors. They will require you to use skill sets such as conducting client risk interviews surrounding business process functions, leading and teaching teams, co-facilitating workshops, synthesizing and communicating complex ideas, developing value-added recommendations assisting with risk mitigation strategies, and using your business savviness and verbal skills to build trust and creditability with your client base.About the team
Our Deloitte Risk Advisory team helps our clients better manage strategic and operational risks. Our professionals help organizations enhance the effectiveness, quality, and value received from their governance, risk management, and internal control processes. Our broad understanding of risks and controls and related areas of operational improvement, combined with our specific industry sector and market knowledge and subject-matter specialists, help our clients confirm that their processes and controls are designed appropriately, and are operating effectively and efficiently to bring the greatest possible value to the organizations. Our Deloitte Internal Audit practice is a world-class internal audit service provided. We bring high-impact outcomes to our clients and generate the insight management and Board's need to navigate today's complex business environment. We are trusted, respected, and sought after! Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has:
- Undergraduate degree in Business or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of managerial or related experience in an internal audit function or professional service firm
- Experience including CEO / CFO certification, Operational Audits, IT Controls, and annual Internal Audit planning
- Accounting or internal audit designation (CPA, CIA) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of business operations and key processes will be considered a key asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and executive presence
- Analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Experience with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, and team leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PPT
- Data analytics and data visualization (considered an asset)
- Ability to apply Professional Practice Framework for the Practice of Internal Audit
- Canadian travel may occasionally be required
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production