Permanent Reference code
:98738 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Prairies, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Edmonton; Winnipeg Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
If you are ready to accelerate your career as an established IT Auditor, then the time has come to consider Deloitte. This is a growing team with several openings in our Calgary, Edmonton & Winnipeg offices. If that's you, and you've always dreamed of joining Deloitte, now is the time to act!What will your typical day look like?
As an IT Auditor, you will be responsible for leading fieldwork audits of controls at various organizations, including assessing the effectiveness of their controls according to an established audit assessment framework for IT systems. This includes using established tools and methodologies to develop audit plans, collect and analyze data, document and support results.
As a Senior Consultant in the IT & Specialized Assurance practice, you will be responsible for leading a portfolio of engagements in the IT audit space (assessment of IT controls as part of the financial statement audits, in accordance with US and Canadian standards as well as private company audit standards), other Assurance engagements (SOC 1 & 2 audits, specified procedures etc.) , IT Internal Audits and IT internal controls certification engagements related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in the US and National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109 or C-SOX) in Canada.
You will also participate in coaching and developing our team members and maintaining client relationships as part of this role. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in internal practice & professional development activities.About the team
We help organizations transform the ways they leverage people, third-party relationships, technology, data, business processes and controls to manage operational risks and elevate business performance. We deliver risk and control services related to IT, entity level, and business process controls and help organizations address regulator and marketplace demand to manage third-party risk through our third-party assurance and third-party optimization services.
Our team offers real work/life balance, internal support and camaraderie, exciting engagements, and leaders who care about you and your growth. As a team steeped in equality, diversity and inclusion ours is a multinational team with a variety of backgrounds and interests. We're always looking to expand our team and encourage all persons to be here - no one is excluded, and everyone is valued.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
Our shared values
- Experienced enough ininternal controls, system audit or systems implementation, so that you can advise more junior consultants and existing clients on best practices with regard to IT Assurance
- As part of this, external / third-party advisory experienceand knowledge of IT Audit and Assurance/Advisory engagements in accordance with various standards would make you a strong Senior Consultant
- Knowledge of COSO, ITIL, COBIT or other internal control frameworks
- Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX, Windows, AS/400, OS), of database management systems (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, etc..) or telecommunications (router, hub, firewall, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Completion or has the intention to complete training leading to the acquisition of a professional designation (CPA, CISA, CIA or CISSP)
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Telecom, Telecommunications, Equity, Developer, Finance, Technology
Management and Executive