You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG, you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing, and we are looking for Senior Consultants to join our team in Calgary. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on providing IT Advisory and Assurance based services to clients in the Private and Public Sector space and also demonstrate flexibility on IT project and ERP advisory services, information protection and business resilience services. They will also be involved in training and guiding our new campus hires. What you will do
- Conduct assessments of IT risks and controls, including general IT controls and automated controls embedded within information systems in support of our external audit engagements.
- Perform other engagements within the context of supporting the external audit, IT internal audit or attestation engagements such as CSAE 3416 / SSAE 18 Service Organization Control (SOC) audits and assessment of controls in large transformation projects.
- Review new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- Perform IT Project Risk Management and Independent Quality Assurance.
What you bring to the role
- The review and provision of advice and assistance on business process controls.
- Service Delivery conducting research, performing technical testing, writing reports, conducting interviews and communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Lead field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
Keys to your success:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Computer Science degree required
- Completion or in the process of completing one or a combination of the following designations: CISA, CPA, CISSP, PMP, CRISC.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk and Consulting (e.g., system implementation, project management, IT consulting, risk management consulting, etc.) ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Strong understanding and experience with IT General Controls
- Strong experience with controls-based audits and IT attestations (e.g., CSAE 3416 or SSAE 18 or AICPA SOC 2) is an asset.
- Experience with the identification and or evaluation of process level controls in large system transformation projects involving SAP and or Oracle or other ERPs is an asset.
- Experience in the testing of controls in different IT environments.
- Experience within an external audit practice.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express insights in English and French, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Have a high degree of personal confidence, enthusiasm, and drive.
- Ability to travel, mainly in Canada.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .