EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, advisory, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
EY is seeking a Senior
, to join our Risk Assurance team in our Calgary office
. This professional will manage engagement teams, as well as directly assist clients in employing information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk. The successful candidate will also work with client personnel to analyze, evaluate, and enhance information systems facilitating the business internal control process, and will assist clients and other IT professionals in performing information technology (IT) control and security engagements. Responsibilities:
• Provide high quality professional day-to-day management of internal/external audit engagements/projects and understand EY's practices and service offerings and identify potential opportunities to improve such service offerings Requirements:
• Lead and support the on-site coordination role for audit clients including planning, briefing team on the client's IT environment and industry IT trends, coaching and mentoring staff, communicating with the clients and completing audit engagements
• Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
• Prepares IT external audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency of a control or process.
• Able to discuss and resolve IT audit issues and recommendations with client management.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and apply it to client situations.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in IT external and/or internal audit;
• Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other relevant program required.
• Possessing relevant accounting / audit designation(s) or working towards one (e.g. CPA, CIA, and/or CISA) is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of COBIT, ITIL, or other IT frameworks would be as asset.
• Experience with data and analytics tools such as ACL; providing IT support to non IT auditors.
• Proficiency using SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint
• Hands on experience with project management or IT operations based in large enterprise resource planning systems such as JD Edwards, Oracle and SAP or information security would be an asset.
• Strong experience interacting with clients at all levels including Staff, Leadership and Partners: Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
• Ability to coach and mentor junior staff on engagements.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019