Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Monitor Deloitte's Calgary practice is looking for a Senior Consultant to extend our strategy and transformation capabilities. Primarily, the role is focused on serving large energy & resources clients in Canada.
At Monitor Deloitte, Senior Consultants play an integral role in project delivery and leadership of junior practitioners. Senior Consultants are expected to be developing skill expertise, and taking a leadership role in project delivery and execution. Additionally, Senior Consultants play an internal role in firm development, supporting practice-building initiatives and actively contributing to the practice's distinct culture as role models for junior practitioners.Specifically, our Senior Consultants:
- Work with Managers to set and drive problem solving approach for all client engagements for which they are involved.
- Take a leading role in the overall delivery of project deliverables.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior practitioners.
- Offer expertise in areas of specialization.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the practice.
- Support and lead internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development).
External Posting Qualifications
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- A strong academic record with MBA or comparable graduate degree preferred.
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience in consulting or internal strategy/transformation role within an energy & resources company.
- Strong quantitative aptitude (e.g., financial analysis, business-casing, ability to work with data sets).
- Technical knowledge of the energy & resources industry is an asset.
- Background or past experience in technology and/or digital strategy.
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower, including strong critical thinking skills, analytical abilities, and the capacity for lateral/creative thinking.
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, managing client expectations, project delivery and team leadership.
- Experience within transformational projects/initiatives.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada.
- The ability to enter the USA and work on client assignments is an asset.
- The ability to enter Chile and work on client assignments is an asset.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply