Permanent Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
The Public Sector Accounting and Transaction Advisory group is rapidly expanding and we are looking to develop the next generation of public sector leaders. Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
A career in the Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice will offer you the opportunity to:
- Increase the confidence and understanding of public sector financial information
- Participate and lead a number of unique and challenging engagements to advise public sector organizations
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise
- Develop client focused solutions through research and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development and to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients
Deloitte's Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to support organizations by providing confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
- Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services.
- Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience in working for or in public sector organizations, or who are passionate about advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates that are conversant in IFRS, NPO (Not-for-Profit) and PSAS (Public Sector Accounting Standards).
As a Senior Consultant in our practice, you will:
- Serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country, as the opportunity arises
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
External Posting Qualifications
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with public companies
- Must possess strong accounting and finance skills
- Experience in the public sector industry is a strong preference.
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Operational (ability to translate the "what is required" into the "how it's done")
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Project management discipline and structure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to junior team members
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively in French is an asset
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply