Our Governance Risk and Compliance (GRCS)
professionals provide a range of assurance and advisory services to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, third-party relationships, regulatory compliance, governance and sustainability initiatives. We analyze and assess an organization's business strategies and related business processes and systems to help management understand and address business objectives, requirements, risks, controls, and improvement opportunities.
Our professionals bring both deep technical and industry experience, allowing clients to strengthen their key governance, risk management and compliance efforts while optimizing business performance.
We are seeking a Sustainability specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing, leading and reporting on Sustainability engagements (e.g. internal audits, strategy, risk management) with a variety of sectors and clients. What you will do
The successful candidate will:
What you bring to the role
- Have extensive internal audit, risk management, and sustainability execution experience
- Be able to engage with clients on sustainability matters (e.g. from establishing sustainability strategy, facilitating materiality discussions, and more)
- Be able to interview clients and document process narratives with respect to sustainability processes based on interviews with process and control owners
- Be able to identify controls and develop a robust audit program for all major ESG topics / focus areas based on both interviews and documentation review
- Be able to independently conduct testing over the audit programs in a working paper
- Mentor, drive and review quality of work prepared by team members Support Managers in managing project timeline, quality, budget as well as client relationship
- Deliver multiple simultaneous client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Engage with cross functional engagement teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets
- Assist with business development efforts of proposals, marketing material, internal and external presentations
- Delivering high quality work that is on time and in compliance with the Firm's quality standards
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in sustainability or similar field at a reputable organization
- Experience with sustainability management, reporting and assurance frameworks (e.g. SASB, GRI, UN SDGs, TCFD, ISAE 3000)
- Ability to combine both quantitative and qualitative analysis to solve sustainability-related business problems
- Extensive Internal Audit Experience or Compliance, controls and governance.
- Experience in effectively leading and managing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Superior visualization and communication skills using PowerPoint and other MS Office tool
- Flexible in their style and quite willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches
- Ability to adapt methodologies and techniques to unique circumstances
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.