You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
We are currently seeking an Information Technology (I.T.) Audit Senior Consultant to join our Calgary office
. The successful candidate will focus on Information Technology Audit pertaining to Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) clients. The successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility in working on other risk management and compliance type services or projects as required. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist with identifying and assessing IT risks within our audit framework and clients' business risks
Evaluate, recommend and implement solutions to address identified IT risks
- Test information security controls and practices within client environments for completion for SEC Audit engagements.
- Support other audit engagements related to information systems and outsourced service providers.
- Review of new and existing systems in terms of adequacy of controls, security, operational considerations, conversion issues and project management assessment.
- Support multiple engagements concurrently - recognized by client as knowledgeable / experienced Service Delivery: conducting research, writing reports, conducting interviews and focus groups, communicating regularly with clients and resources.
- Supervision and coaching of junior staff on assignments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a public accounting firm or an advisory services firm conducting information technology audits.
- At least 2 years of experience and knowledge focusing on Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Audits.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- Preference will be given to candidates with CISA, CISSP, CISM or similar certification.
- Accounting designation or equivalent is also preferred; Experience with SAP ECC, SAP S4/HANA,
SAP GRC, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft ERP, and/or Cloud Oracle experience is considered an asset.
- Strong current knowledge in the following: Canadian GAAP, IFRS, financial audit and reporting issues, as well as internal auditing standards and practices will be considered an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good to excellent skills with general office productivity software.
- Good understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Demonstrated ability to execute Risk and Compliance type engagements with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet client deadlines when required.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally for client assignments as required.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance