Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Deloitte's Technology Strategy and Architecture (TS&A) practice provides end-to-end advisory and design services to help our clients develop actionable, business-enabling information technology strategies and roadmaps; identify, evaluate and adopt innovation to transform business; define, maximize and measure value of technology, design modern enterprise architectures, rationalize and transform applications & infrastructure, develop a balanced portfolio of business and IT solutions, assess IT sourcing and service delivery models, rationalize IT costs and optimize IT operational effectiveness and organizational performance.
Your role as a member at Deloitte:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values,and put them into practice when executing daily tasks/activities
- Enhance personal development skills by actively seeking opportunities for growth, sharing knowledge and experiences with others, and acting as a strong brand ambassador for the firm
- Seek challenging opportunities across businesses and borders and take accountability for personal and team results
- Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align your work to objectives, and set personal priorities
As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering Deloitte's IT advisory services engagements (projects), and bring a senior level of expertise to help our clients act on their technology opportunities and address their technology challenges. The role requires developing and nurturing client relationships, being a highly effective project team contributor, having a clear focus and subject matter expertise, continuous personal and professional learning and growth, and achieving highest levels of quality performance commensurate with the expectations of a World-leading Professional Services Firm.
This role has responsibility over key elements of our IT advisory projects that fall within the scope and competency of your subject matter expertise. The role expectations also includes identifying new business opportunities, proposal development and pursuit assistance, project delivery, professional and personal growth and accountability over quality of your project deliverables. Examples are:
- Create long term relationships at an intermediate client levels
- Create inclusive environment, where every team member is encouraged to be their authentic self, and realize their personal and professional potential and aspirations
- Establish and continually enhance your personal brand within the Firm and the marketplace
- Continuous learning and self-development
- Identify and assist in business development opportunities
- Delivery of projects
- Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience, or 5 years of progressive, non-consulting IT work experience:
- Consulting experience with Tier 1 Professional Services/Consulting Firms would be ideal
- Previous experience in an IT operational or IT management role would be an asset
- Experience in one or more of the following subject areas:
- IT strategy & technology enabled business transformation
- Technology innovation ideation, evaluation and adoption
- Enterprise architecture
- Enterprise governance over IT
- IT effectiveness and operating model design/review
- IT organizational design
- IT sourcing and procurement
- IT project management
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Graduate degree, such as an MSc or MBA would be an asset
- Any of the following IT certifications would be an asset (ITIL, CobIT, TOGAF)
**Canadian travel required. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
- Grit! Ability to focus and persist in achievement of objectives
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Superb emotional intelligence and ability to relate to a variety of personality types
- Superb structured problem solving skills and logical thinking ability
- Detailed oriented, while able to quickly grasp "the Big Picture"
- Proven ability to glean insights from data
- Aptitude to lead and coach team members
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 22, 2019
Closes: April 23, 2019