You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG LLP is the Canadian member firm of KPMG and has offices in 33 locations across Canada. The firm's more than 700 partners and 5,600 employees provide crucial services to many of the public and private business, not-for profit, and public-sector organizations in Canada.
In every economic environment, there are opportunities to create, enhance, and preserve value. Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
By their nature, major transactions such as Merger & Acquisition (M&A) deals have more risk and reward than day-to-day business activity. It is important for our clients to understand the risks and rewards as well as possible by taking advice from experienced advisers - people who have done it before and know what to look for.
We offer our clients start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration.
Our Deal Advisory team includes the following service lines: Transaction Services, Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring & Turnaround, and Infrastructure Advisory.
Our clients are typically in this region are typically private corporates, private equity funds, as well as large public companies. Our people are motivated self-starters with expertise in finance, valuation, tax, accounting and financial reporting. Our network is global.
KPMG's Deal Advisory practice is continuing to grow and we are currently looking for professionals in our Calgary office at the Senior Consultant level. What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting with evaluating a business' historical performance and sustainability of earnings/cash flows, working capital cycles, financial projections, key contractual commitments, accounting policies and management control environment.
- Assisting with identifying and reporting key issues, performing the relevant financial analysis, and interpreting results.
- Assisting with obtaining and maintaining industry and transaction related information on Energy, Emerging Technologies and Diversified Industries.
- Undertaking smaller assignments or assisting on larger assignments reporting to a manager, senior manager, or a partner.
- Participating in KPMG's engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Writing detailed professional reports and other client deliverables.
- Establishing credibility and developing relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Providing support/assistance for proposals.
- Occasionally supporting one of our other business units in a cross-functional role (e.g. Valuations, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Global Infrastructure Project Group, etc.).
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- From 2 to 3 years of accounting and/or finance experience in transaction services, M&A, consulting and/or in a corporate environment.
- CPA Student, CPA or equivalent, or previous M&A experience in an advisory, corporate, bank, or private equity environment.
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Above-average proficiency using Microsoft Excel and data analytics tools such as Alteryx and Tableau
- Ability to build effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Willingness and ability to travel for short periods of time to conduct on site client visits, as required.
A CFA, or CBV or enrolled in the program is a plus. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance