We are looking for a Professional Services Data & Analytics Senior Practice Manager for our Data & Analytics Delivery Practice, to lead the Canada team. Location flexible within Canada; the preferred locations are: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal.
Are you interested in working with the largest organizations in the world as they navigate through some of the most dynamic and disruptive digital transformation projects in their organization's history? Does the prospect of helping these organizations go digital through the adoption of cloud-based Data Analytics and Machine Learning solutions excite you? Can you lead world-class teams of Data Engineers and Data Architects that drive breakthrough business outcomes?
We are seeking an action-oriented visionary who is craving to be part of a great company in a fast-growing industry. We need someone that will thrive in a fast-paced environment in our AWS Americas Data Analytics Professional Services Practice. You will lead a team of AWS Data Analytics consultants and collaborate with our Service teams and local Partners to deliver business value to our customers.
The role requires both a deep Customer Obsession and Deliver Results mentality. You will also work closely with your Professional Services colleagues in Machine Learning, High-Performance Computing, and Internet of Things (IoT) to provide more comprehensive data-enabled solutions. You will collaborate with our AWS Sales, Business Development, Solutions Architect, Training and Service teams to help customers deploy our current solutions and provide input into new features and functionality.
This is a customer facing, consulting leadership role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed. Estimated travel of 30%.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• Experience delivering business value to customers with Data Analytics solutions
• 5+ years Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on Data Analytics or Machine Learning solutions
• Customer relationship management experience in a consulting team leadership role
• Knowledge of data landscape including the DWH/Spark/Hadoop Ecosystem.
• Familiarity with on premise transactional database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
• Knowledge of optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
• Familiarity with TCO, ROI and Value Models to help Customers understand the cost/benefit equation associated with Data Analytic Cloud solutions.
• Consulting sales experience and ability to sell $1M+ professional services engagementsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Business Administration
• Capable of leading a team of Data Engineers/Data Architect consultants
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges of Data Analytics in an enterprise environment.
• Ability to lead enterprise data strategies including data lake delivery
• Identify, lead and contribute to the creation of best practices, packaged offering, white papers, workshops, etc.
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
• AWS Certified Big Data Specialty is a plus
• Team leadership of team sizes > 30
• Leader of leader experience (2nd line manager)
• Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
• Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle data lake projects
• Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
• Prior hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
• Experience with SQL and scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
• Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
• Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment fast paced environment.
• Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with various functional knowledge
• Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to manage numerous, competing demands from internal and external stakeholders and Customers.
• Previous Big-Four consulting experience in Data & Analytics as a Practice Manager is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.