525 8th Avenue SW, Suite 3200
Job Family Group:
Analyzes new customer credit applications. Makes credit decisions / recommendations in accordance with credit-granting principles.
We're here to help
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on business objectives.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Defines business requirements for analytics and reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Adjudicates new credit applications within defined limits or recommends credit products based on sound credit granting principles.
- Completes credit analyses to adjudicate credit applications.
- Responds to incoming inquiries in a prompt and professional manner and escalates issues to superiors or other departments.
- Assists customers and conducts all credit and related transactions.
- Keeps current with established processes, policies, and regulations, and knowledge of products, credit policies, services, and relevant legal, regulatory, and technology requirements.
- May contact customers to obtain, clarify, or confirm information.
- Applies and documents sound credit granting applications and lending decisions.
- Follows security and safeguarding procedures to reduce credit/lending risks.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 10+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in Business or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of credit underwriting experience - required.
- 8+ years of management and leadership experience.
- Experience structuring and underwriting lending products in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and underwriting guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Expertise in credit policies, procedures, principles, and philosophy.
- In-depth understanding of required disclosures.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Customer Service and Support