10175-101 St NW
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
The Senior Director Auto Finance facilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications. Ensures the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies.
Is accountable to directly generate sales with new clients and coordinate all sales to existing and new clients. This role will develop and execute a 1-2 year sales plan to significantly expand the Bank's market share and revenue base in the upper mid-market Auto / Dealership segment through the acquisition of profitable clients. The Senior Director is accountable to develop an effective internal and external network for successful opportunities and to co-ordinate the client relationship for further revenue generation.
Primarily interfacing at the Owner/CEO level, this role will apply effective and professional consultative sales and business development principles, practices and techniques to ensure the identification, negotiation, structuring and provision of the initial underwriting for unique, complex business transactions. The Senior Director will ensure credit decisions and recommendations are in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements and regulations. Accountabilities Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
Sales and Service
- Develop, implement, review and revise short (3 - 12 months) and long term (1 - 2 year) rolling sales strategies and tactical plans, focusing on identifying profitable upper end mid-market Auto / Dealership business prospects and existing clients with complex needs and opportunities, to grow the portfolio.
- Apply territory management, relationship selling and relationship expansion strategy and performance to current and potential Corporate Finance clients, ensuring comprehensive, holistic financial solutions.
- Accompany and support the Regional Vice-President, with client interactions, and relationship building.
- Understand and adhere to credit granting policies relative to quality and verification of information, analysis, profitability and credit recommendations, executing sale of credit/non-credit products and services to corporate clients and prospects as defined.
- Plan, implement and maintain an effective business development and community involvement strategy to expand and protect share of profitable corporate clients, utilizing an extensive network of referral resources.
- Complete proactive, focused, profitable sales of Automotive Finance Division products and services, based on referrals/prospects, and knowledge of the regional and North American corporate marketplace to improve share of wallet and market share.
- For new prospects, review and analyze financial statements, cash flow and working capital position, business plans, goals and objectives etc. all of which could be complex, developing suggestions and alternatives that meet or exceed the client's objectives. Prepare proposals, undertake negotiations with prospects, and complete internal negotiations relative to the sale of product and services.
- Be highly visible in the marketplace to proactively, and with a long-term focus, develop an internal and external network of referral sources that effectively generates prospects for new business to maintain a consistent pipeline of prospective upper mid-market clients for future execution. This will include financial investors, financial professionals & consultants.
- Apply resourceful business development and relationship management skills, and sales/service principles, practices and techniques, to support the achievement of target level revenues through the sale of the full suite of customized commercial products and services.
- Respond to questions and/or issues raised in the assigned portfolio, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement, review and revise a 1 - 2 year Sales and Territory Development Plan, for existing clients and key prospects, focusing on identifying corporate finance banking needs and opportunities which will result in meeting or exceeding revenue and service targets.
- Analyze pipelines and sales plans on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities and changes in the aligned portfolio and competitive regional market environment; develop an action plan and liaise with Regional Vice President, Auto Finance on any changes that may impact the Business Plan.
Candidate Profile Minimal Requirements
- Protect the Bank's assets and maintain portfolio quality by adhering to Commercial lending processes, policies & procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines. Ensure all business is in conformity with Bank Policies and prescribed guidelines.
- Follow processes that ensure accurate comprehensive investigation; analysis and due diligence is conducted in the documentation of acceptable transactions sourced for adjudication under the Commercial Lending Process.
- Manage risk and minimize losses through monitoring and control reports, ensuring compliance requirements, audits, and verifications are completed in accordance with Bank Policies & Procedures and all legal, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Document and follow-up on any discrepancies to procedures, with significant operational risk and escalate as required.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
- University degree or equivalent commercial lending experience
- 5 to 10 years of Commercial / Corporate Banking related work experience ideally in senior commercial lending environment
- Formal training and demonstrable skills in credit analysis and deal making
- Extensive business development experience
- Outstanding experience in portfolio and relationship management
- Experience in making effective client presentations
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- In-depth business acumen, preferably for a wide array of industries
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Products, Commercial Lending Process, Commercial Lending Directive, supporting processes and technology
- Experience in the Auto Industry an asset but not mandatory.
- Possesses a consulting mentality and an ability to address client strategic issues
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Confidence, presence, and determination to succeed in a very dynamic and demanding business environment
- Adaptable and flexible
- Demonstrates a strong team-player mentality
- Practices efficient time management and personal planning
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and able to meet tight deadlines
This position is important for the future of the organization and offers an overall competitive compensation mix including base salary and a strong variable component directly tied to performance.
#LI-VD1We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing