Senior, Financial Accounting and Advisory Services (Performance Improvement)
Reference ID: CAL0014X
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Senior, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) - Performance Improvement team. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As a senior staff, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will help to develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. By drawing on your knowledge and experience, you'll provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You'll actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives.
In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop. A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 50%
Skills and attributes for success
• Participate in Performance Improvement external client consulting engagements, which involve looking at a company's internal finance and accounting processes and advising client on solutions around creating efficient process or improving existing processes
• Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
• Participate in business development initiatives
• Build strong internal relationships within across EY's various service lines
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, engineer or a related field;
• 3-5 years' experience in project-based, financial management consulting engagements with clients in diverse sectors
• Proven track record in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
• Performance measurement and performance management
• Business performance reporting, cost reduction, and financial statement close
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think outside of the box, and thrive on new challenges
• Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members
• A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
• Professional designation(s) including: CA, CPA or MBA or finance related master's degree are strongly regarded
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019