Requisition ID: 87023
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. NOTE: Some Branch locations qualify for Remote Community Benefits (Living Allowance Payments and Additional Vacation). What your role will be...
Senior Financial Advisor
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures - where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development - there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank - you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here. What you'll be doing...
Our Advisors are customer-centric and able to connect with people in a relatable way. As an essential member of the Canadian Banking Branch network, our focus is to provide exceptional service throughout the customer's journey by:
What you need to succeed...
- Taking a proactive approach to discovering our customer needs, listening to understand what they are asking for
- Educating our customers, providing relevant insights and expert advice
- Building our customer's comprehensive plans using a holistic approach to help them achieve their goals
- Nurturing strong, long-standing relationships
- Developing, retaining and growing the branch business by delivering against individual and team sales goals that support a positive customer experience
- The appetite and drive to build strong customer relationships
- A strategic mindset to develop personalized financial strategies including day-to-day banking, investments and borrowing solutions
- The proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets in a fast paced environment that align to a customer's stated goals
- A Mutual Funds licence and completed CIFP Diploma
What we're offering...
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization where you are surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You'll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development.
- You'll receive clear, transparent criteria to progress in your career.
- You won't need to wait for a vacancy in your branch or move to another branch to elevate your career. You can do it from the same chair enabling you to build deeper relationships and grow your expertise.
*The successful candidate must be able for training and final placement withing Alberta North and surrounding communities which include: Athabasca, Barrhead, Cold Lake, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lac La Biche, Lloydminister, Peace River, Slave Lake, Thorhild, Valleyview, Vermillion, Westlock, Whitecourt and Yellowknife (NWT).
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Athabasca || Canada : Alberta : Barrhead || Canada : Alberta : Cold Lake || Canada : Alberta : Fort McMurray || Canada : Alberta : Grande Prairie || Canada : Alberta : Lac La Biche || Canada : Alberta : Lloydminster || Canada : Alberta : Peace River || Canada : Alberta : Slave Lake || Canada : Alberta : Thorhild || Canada : Alberta : Valley view || Canada : Alberta : Vermilion || Canada : Alberta : Whitecourt || Canada : Northwest Territories : Yellowknife How do I apply?
As part of the application process for a Financial Advisor, Senior Financial Advisor, Small Business Advisor and/or Investment & Retirement Planning
role within Retail Distribution with Scotiabank, we have partnered with Career Spark
, a technology and behavioral science based online assessment company. After submitting your Scotiabank application, you will receive an invitation from our Recruitment Team to complete a 12-15-minute Career Spark survey. Kindly note the survey will be emailed to applicants and you may not receive the Career Spark survey invite immediately. ** Please complete the survey within 24 hours of receiving the invitation. **
The purpose of the survey is to help provide insights about the work you enjoy. There are no right or wrong answers, and nobody will ever see your specific responses to any questions. Upon completion of the survey, you will see a summary report of your top five traits. We hope you find the information useful for your own personal development and growth.
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Financial, Developer, Retail Sales, Bank, Banking, Finance, Technology, Retail
Banking, Finance and Insurance