Senior, Forensic & Integrity Services
Reference ID: CAL0015N
Despite the best efforts of internal controls and risk departments, corporate fraud continues to challenge businesses across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no company is immune. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (FIS) practice advises corporations and their legal counsel on fraud and forensic investigations as well as on economic damages arising from business disputes. EY is on the cutting-edge on current trends in fraud. Our dynamic and talented group is currently seeking the right candidate for a career opportunity as a Senior professional.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it's no exaggeration to say you'll never be doing the same type of investigation for too long. You'll be part of a team that works with our clients' legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. It's all about using your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients' needs from the front lines. Willingness to travel on engagements, when necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Work with clients, fraud investigators, internal & external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive, high profile and sometimes adversarial situations.
• Proactively help clients in resolving issues that are significant to their business.
• Build trusted advisor relationships with clients and lawyers.
• Develop and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Deliver consistent quality service to our clients.
• Maintain high quality working papers.
• Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
• An enquiring, tenacious mind and a desire to "get to the bottom" of things
• Able to work accurately and master large volumes of detailed evidence
• Possessing excellent oral and written communication skills
• Adaptable, able to interact and build strong relationships with senior executives and people from a diverse range of backgrounds
• Possessing strong desire to learn and continue expanding own skill set
To qualify for the role you must have
• A completed CPA or CA designation
• A minimum of 3-5 year of auditing background within a professional services firm
• Substantial knowledge of a wide variety of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (MS Excel).
Ideally, you'll also have
• Bilingualism (French/English) would be considered an asset
What we look for
We're interested in passionate people that have the intellectual curiosity to actively pursue new knowledge in the rapidly changing world of fraud investigations. Naturally you'll need a solid technical foundation, as well as the ability to translate complex information into meaningful, actionable insights. But we're not just looking for strong technical skills - we're interested in people that have the ability to nurture relationships, both internal and external, and are committed to intimately understanding our client's needs. If you're looking to become part of a community of advisors where you'll make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019