We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP #GlobalMining
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We are seeking an Experienced Geotechnical Tailings Engineer to join our Mine Waste team based in Ontario on a full-time basis A day in the life,
- Provide technical leadership in geotechnical and tailings projects, including: laboratory testing, dam design, investigation and construction, geotechnical analysis, and dam safety reviews for tailings storage facilities
- Provide senior geotechnical input and review to multidisciplinary tailings projects across Canada and internationally
- Build client relationships with a focus on the Alberta oil sands and develop project opportunities
We would love to hear from you if you have...
- Lead proposal preparation
- Regularly connect with leaders in our Vancouver, Edmonton, Saskatoon, and Kelowna offices, as well as other offices across North America to pursue and staff large project opportunities
- Mentor geotechnical engineering staff from junior to senior levels
- Demonstrate visible felt leadership in health, safety, and the environment
- Represent WSP on some of the following: professional committees, expert panels, technical journals, and conferences that align with your career interests and goals
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, with a graduate degree (M.Sc., M.Eng., Ph.D.) preferred but not required
- 7+ experience in geotechnical and tailings engineering
- Mining experience with a focus on geotechnical engineering and a broad understanding of other disciplines that influence or rely on tailings management ( e.g. mining, environmental, reclamation, processing, hydrogeology, surface water)
- Strong written communication skills and experience writing geotechnical reports
- Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to travel as directed by project requirements
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.