The Accounting Advisory team in Calgary is looking for a Senior Manager passionate about using their technical accounting, financial reporting, and project management skills in an ever-changing cross functional environment. Working on a wide spectrum of accounting and financial reporting projects, including in technical areas such as IFRS 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, and equivalent US GAAP as well as associated finance and business operational process/systems and controls from an ICFR/SOx perspective.
As part of the management team, you will be required to lead KPMG's accounting advisory client relationships and engagements and ensure our deep accounting insights are applied to our clients' challenges. Clients will look to you to add value to their business throughout the accounting advisory engagement, through your own insights as well as providing access to the rest of KPMG for your client. What you will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a depth of accounting advisory expertise to help clients address potential effects of accounting regulations and implementation issues. You will have knowledge in accounting and financial reporting processes and be able to provide proactive advice to our firms' clients from a management perspective. This will be achieved through working with non-audit and audit clients on complex transactions and accounting issues arising during conversion to new or evolving financial accounting standards or during transactions such as financing transactions, acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings (IPOs) transactions, bankruptcy proceedings, or financial statement restatements.
What you bring to the role
- Assist with strategizing, planning and executing the delivery of accounting advisory engagements under multiple accounting frameworks (predominantly under evolving IFRS and U.S. GAAP).
- Contribute to the leadership of the accounting advisory team including the identification and focus on emerging topics and target opportunities.
- Maintain, cultivate and manage client relationships from initial introduction through to acquiring and delivering engagements and supporting their relationship with other KPMG professionals to ensure your clients receive the best of what KPMG has to offer .
- Build and maintain relationships with other functional professionals with whom AAS works closely (e.g., audit, tax, deal advisory)
- Remain current on new and existing accounting and reporting standards and developing accounting/business issues.
- Share your knowledge, contributing to the development of clients and internal personnel.
- Manage client deliverables and expectations, including drafting client deliverables and presentations.
- Manage engagement timelines, deadlines, and costs with timely communication regarding changing risks and scope.
- Identify and develop opportunities from current engagements for future service opportunities.
- Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
- Participate in an evolving service offering, adapting your skills as the accounting world evolves and changes.
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Canadian CPA designation or international equivalent
- 7-12 years of experience working in an audit capacity with a public practice accounting firm
- Strong technical acumen using IFRS and US GAAP working with publicly listed clients or companies
- Experience with complex areas such as business combinations, financial instruments, lease accounting, consolidation and control.
- Familiarity with accounting for a range of industries such as consumer markets, energy and natural resources, life science, software and technology
- Significant experience with financial statement preparation and disclosure
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients' business to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Experience in leading accounting standards change projects, as an advisory or an in-house accountant
- Experience delivering technical education to clients or internal personnel
- Proven background of building a client base and adding revenue
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively in order to find new solutions
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills
- Insights and experiences that integrate with technical accounting advisory (such as financial reporting management and systems, data and analytics, internal controls, innovation or other complementary in insights)
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office in the course of their duties.
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.