Senior Manager, Accounting, Private Company Services
Reference ID: 12359BR
Achieve your full potential in an environment where there's flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
Our Private Company Services practice:
PwC's Private Company Services clients are privately owned businesses. PwC's Private Company Services MySolutions Team consists of business advisors dedicated to resolve the day-to-day business issues of our clients and help them achieve long-term success. Our clients are typically owner-managed businesses ranging from active companies in a wide variety of industries to family-owned investment companies managing small to large portfolios of investment with real estate holdings.
The Opportunity: Senior Manager, Accounting, Private Company Services (PCS)
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for developing internal and external relationships to deliver on our brand promise and build our presence in the market. You will leverage your network to expand our client base and share your industry expertise with both clients and targets. You will contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team by seeking feedback from both clients and team members, coaching more junior staff on their performance and leading by example.
Your work will include:
· Manage interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team;
· Review completed financial statements and related notes
· Review personal and corporate tax returns and other information returns and related correspondence;
· Provide assistance to clients with payroll, GST and other related compliance;
· Conduct research in order to have an in-depth understanding of a client's industry and business demonstrating strong technical knowledge and having the ability to research issues, present alternatives and conclusions;
· Ensure that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standards and billed in a timely manner.
· Identify potential opportunities to provide additional services to our clients;
· Develop the knowledge of junior team members by sharing best practices, providing coaching and instructing of courses;
· Continuously communicate with the Partners with respect to engagement progress
· Maintain existing client relationships and develop other relationships in the business market to grow the practice.
· Passion for excellent client service;
· CPA, CA, CGA, CMA Designation(s)
· Relevant experience in public accounting (7 years min.);
· Strong understanding of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises;
· Strong knowledge in Canadian personal and corporate income taxes for private companies
· Experience in owner /operator clients of different industries, holding companies, investment companies, and entrepreneurs
· Computer software knowledge (Excel, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Caseware, Tax Prep);
· Superior communication (oral or written) and interpersonal skills that allow you thrive in a team environment;
· Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Good project management skills and ability to prioritize
· Accuracy and attention to detail
Why Work for PwC
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, the opportunities available to you at PwC will help you realize your career aspirations.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019