Permanent Reference code
: 118503 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, ABOur Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--What will your typical day look like?
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
- Enjoy My Benefit Dollars - a flexible benefit to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
- Experience a firm where wellness matters.
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
- Experience MyFlex where reduced hours or seasonal work allows you to meet your personal goals.
- Build a network of colleagues for life
- Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
- Grow your network and your knowledge by joining one of our many Employee Resource Groups.
The Senior Manager role is a key leadership role at Deloitte. Accountabilities span all aspects of client services, from delivering complex business agility transformation programs to selling and driving business with our clients, to managing and setting the direction of the practice and our people.
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Identify, lead, and deliver on large agility transformations
• Contribute experiences and market-leading approaches to both our clients and our Business Agility Offering
• Determine fit-for-purpose agility solutions for our clients that span across all agility frameworks
• Advising clients across the entirety of their business on how agile can help them achieve their aspirations (not purely within technology eg. Marketing and Corporate Functions etc)
• Cultivate and build long-term relationships with senior executive clients
• Assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of consultants
• Contribute to the growth and development of our people, by making mentoring and coaching of team members a priority
• Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs
• Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development)
• Managing multiple project teams, consisting of Consultants and client resources
• Building business cases to help our clients understand the agility benefits that can be realized from increased agility within their portfolio and/or organization as a wholeAbout the team
The focus and passion of Deloitte's Business Agility Offering is to help our clients become a place where their employees are passionate about the work they do, and they can dramatically accelerate the speed at which can deliver value. Our transformation approach is based on a feedback-driven, co-creative working style where we partner with our clients to design, implement, and guide their organization in a new way of working, with agility at the forefront Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for helping organizations innovate on the way they work. We ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real sustainable change and help them achieve it by working on the ground with them. We measure our success by the business outcomes we help our clients achieve, and the positive impact we have on our team members. As trusted advisors to many leading organizations, we are a market leader in the Business Agility space, with over 1000 agile practitioners in North America, and over 100 dedicated to business agility transformations. Our key clients span the public sector, mining & resources, consumer business, insurance, and banking industry segments. We are growing our team at an exceptional rate and are looking for passionate and capable leaders to support our expanding business.Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
• Minimum 10 years' professional experience in the agility arena with deep, hands-on knowledge of Lean and Agile tools, and techniques
• An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or similar domain
• Experience in business development with demonstrated sales in consulting services
• Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements
• Solid understanding of large IT organizations and specific challenges and issues
• Excellent understanding of software development life cycle management, and project management expertise
• A proven ability to differentiate between the myriad of agile frameworks that exist in the market and experience in applying various elements based on fit-for-purpose solutions during a transformation journey
• Demonstrated ability to guide both technical and non-technical transformations
• Strong depth of abilities in transformations at scale which encompasses practices and frameworks on effectively managing large portfolios, governing those portfolios, and changes required to remove scope, time, and cost constraints to induce agility
• Strong understanding of solution architecture, design patterns, and design modeling
• Proven track record in large-scale business agility transformation
• Ability to anticipate the long-term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem-solving
• An influential leader that considers the desires and aspirations that their team has to grow and succeed professionally and recognizes that winning is truly a team sport
• Previous experience in developing and presenting new ideas and conceptualizing new approaches and solutions
• Able to mentor and coach junior team members and lead teams collaborativelyThe following would be assets in the role but are not required:
• Subject matter expertise in any Insurance, Banking, Mining and Resources, Consumer Business, or Public Sector industries
• Presence in the Agile community
• Postgraduate degree and/or professional designation
• Experience with advising clients in the following areas:
• Agile portfolio management
• Agile Finance
• Agile Marketing
• The agility of Risk, Compliance, and Legal departments
• Digital Strategy and User Experience Design
• Lean start-up
• Lean managementOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life.Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance.You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be.Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader.Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities. The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Compliance, Project Manager, Solution Architect, User Experience, Accounting, Legal, Technology, Finance
Apply now "
Administrative Management and Executive