Permanent Reference code
:116681 Primary Location:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Edmonton, AB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Have many careers in one Firm.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Then this opportunity is for you!
When you join Deloitte, you will be joining the largest professional services firm in Canada and globally. You will team with our network of 13,000 professionals in Canada and those in more than 150 other countries and territories bringing world-class capabilities, insights, and service to address our client's most complex business challenges.
Working in our national tax practice, you will be able to draw on the experience of over 1,260 professionals from coast to coast to build your skills and career. Our people first culture allows you to bring your whole self to work and develop your career your way.What will your typical day look like?
In a post COVID environment, we are shifting the way we think about work. We have focused on re-architecting work as a flow, using technology to elevate your capabilities, and where you can unleash your potential. We have created a work environment where you and your team are empowered with the tools, technology, and culture to contribute your full potential.
As a Senior Manager in Business Tax, you will be a member of our leadership team working closely with our partners on tax advisory and compliance requirements of our clients. You will manage multiple teams tasked with providing high-level tax advice to help our clients achieve tax savings, examine tax provisions and prepare opinions and other tax advice. You will supervise the preparation of tax returns and direct junior team members on completion of these tasks. You will also identify and define new opportunities for additional tax services, organize and carry out engagements for clients while assuming the role of senior business advisor. The ideal candidate enjoys being in the spotlight and is looking to develop expertise with both public and private enterprises. You will participate in the development and delivery of training programs, and act as a mentor and coach for junior tax specialists to help them achieve their full potential.
What you will do:
• Lead client engagements and be active in the management of BC tax practice
• Work closely with our partners to deliver exceptional service our clients
• Be a senior member of our team developing and implementing tax planning strategies
• Planning and organizing multiple projects simultaneously for the delivery of tax compliance, planning and provisioning support
• Reviewing the work of junior team members and mentoring their development
• Developing new opportunities with existing and new clientsAbout the team
Deloitte offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax services. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help our clients excel globally. In order to provide global solutions to complex challenges across the province, we assemble diversified teams of professionals with distinct skill sets. You will work with a team that is primarily based in British Columbia but will also draw on members from across the country.
A job in Tax will offer you the opportunity to work in a stimulating and very high-energy environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical fields. You will also develop solutions through discussion with your team and clients and continue your professional development in order to progress in your chosen career path.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Undergraduate degree; Accounting designation an asset
• Master's degree in taxation or completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course
• A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in Canadian Tax
• Proven experience with managing a diverse team
• Highly motivated individual that works well independently and in a team setting
• Desire to grow professional career with potential for advancement
• Proven experience in a client service setting with an understanding of complex needs of client's businesses
• Strong project management skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities
• Able to inspire team to deliver on desired results
• Able to provide advice with confidence and respond to challenging questions
• Good knowledge of English (verbal and written)
Keys to your success:
• You seek opportunities to challenge yourself
• You team well with others
• You deliver on and take responsibility for your own and your teams results
• You demonstrate thinking beyond the task at hand and are focused on the bigger picture
• You gain confidence of others by demonstrating an understanding of business and interactions with clients
• You develop junior team membersOur promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Project Manager, Developer, Accounting, Equity, Tax, Technology, Finance
Management and Executive