Requisition ID: 50222
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
The Senior Manager, Commercial Card Sales Global Business Payments (GBP), will be responsible for selling commercial card initiatives and strategies to Corporate and/or Commercial Banking clients through presentations, meetings, or one-on-one consults. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Visa and other Scotiabank partners in order to provide a complete range of card based alternatives. The incumbent will have a thorough understanding of competitor offerings as well as industry pricing trends to ensure GBP is as competitive as possible on all commercial card offerings Key Accountabilities
- Work directly with Corporate and/or Commercial Banking Relationship Managers, GBP Corporate Cash Management Sales Managers as well as Payments & Cash Management (PCM) Sales Managers to grow the commercial card portfolio under their management by winning new mandates for clients and prospects, thereby achieving volume growth and revenue targets.
- Monitor client implementations to insure that anticipated revenue for the account is achieved immediately following implementation.
- Develop and implement short and long term sales strategies for growth of existing accounts, working in conjunction with PCM Sales Managers, Corporate and/or Commercial Relationship Managers, Director Commercial Card Sales and GBP Pricing Team.
- Identify potential opportunities in product offerings and work closely with product managers in improving or developing products.
- Attend, participate and lead client meetings in order to provide leading industry knowledge and solutions relating to commercial card strategies.
- Advise clients on strategies for program expansion.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to PCM Sales Teams for the purpose of commercial card product education and the outlining of capabilities and strategies.
- Build and maintain partnerships with PCM Sales Managers, Corporate and/or Commercial RMs, Visa, GBP Product Managers as well as external contacts.
- Collect and distribute information relating to client and market trends as well as timely dissemination of updates relating to product, pricing, etc.
- Responsible for commercial card pipeline reporting in the coverage region and ensuring opportunities are being pursued and advanced in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Bank's interests are protected at all times by strictly adhering to risk management and compliance programs, internal and regulatory guidelines, including Know Your Customer, Anti-Money Laundering, etc
- Minimum of 7-10 years in the commercial card and payments industry
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in business or related field, in addition industry designation (eg. CPCP) an asset;
- Must be an experienced sales professional with exceptional interpersonal, leadership, sales, negotiation, strategic influencing and business development skills;
- Proven success at selling commercial card with an extensive network of contacts;
- The incumbent must have thorough knowledge of the commercial card and payment services industry including regulatory trends and economic conditions.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Sales Management, Bank, Banking, Business Development, Sales, Finance
Posted: February 17, 2019
Closes: April 18, 2019