Requisition ID: 123361
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As theSenior Manager, Commercial Credit, you will beresponsible for ensuring the efficient and effective maintenance of a designated portfolio of loans at an acceptable level of risk, by exercising sound credit judgment in approving and recommending applications. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring credit quality, conditions, and ensuring loan losses are minimized. You will adjudicate on credits for the Mid-Market Segment of Commercial Banking within the framework of the Commercial Credit Administration Handbook, Bank Policy, and Credit Policy. Is this role right for you? In this role you, will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Ensure credit applications are adjudicated promptly, within the Bank's established policies and procedures.
- Exercise prudent credit judgment in approving and declining credit applications within established limits; presenting complete recommendations on credit requests above established limits; and, ensuring credit applications are properly, accurately and thoroughly analyzed and documented.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Bank's loan policies, economic and business trends.
- Oversee an assigned portfolio of accounts including monitoring unsatisfactory trends in risk ratings, credit conditions, overdue reporting, annual reviews etc., and initiate corrective action when required.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank's commercial human resources by identifying training/coaching needs and provide coaching, direction and guidance to Banking and peers concerning credit applications as required.
- Restructure credit requests, when necessary, to make bankable deals in line with the Banks policies and guidelines. Negotiate with Client Relationship Managersand Team Leads to ensure credit terms and conditions are appropriate and that client needs are met.
- Liaise with business partners in Commercial and Private Banking to maintain open communication to ensure Scotia Service levels are met.
What's in it for you?
- Post Secondary Education.
- Extensive experience in complex financial analysis.
- Goodunderstanding of Bank lending policies and procedures, financial analysis, risk assessment techniques, credit structuring, collateral and security documentation and registration, collection, related legislation and accounting practices.
- Proven credit judgment.
- Proven ability in administering a Commercial credit portfolio.
- Strong negotiation and problem resolution skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, in order to produce informative, concise and professional credit replies, presentations and correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently.
- Strong coaching and counseling skills.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity for a position in Commercial Credit at one of the leading Banks in the segment.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located in Calgary, Alberta
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Credit, Risk Management, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance