You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
KPMG Corporate Finance Inc. is the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) regulated entity through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada. KPMG's Corporate Finance services are principally comprised of merger, acquisition and divestiture advisory services and financing services including raising debt and equity capital.
We offer independent financial advisory and investment banking services to both private and public companies. Acting independently of financing sources, we provide clients with pure, objective advice, focusing on strategies that can help meet corporate objectives. We have an extensive international network of over 2,600 corporate finance professionals working from 160 offices in 86 countries thus providing KPMG Corporate Finance with a broad local reach and established contacts.
Learn more about Corporate Finance here The opportunity:
Our Edmonton Corporate Finance business is an established high performing practice . We work closely with our national and global colleagues to bring industry expertise and deal insights to the benefit of each client transaction. Our daily focus is on excellence in deal delivery and client service; a mission that is underpinned by an unwavering commitment to the development, mentorship and support of our team.
As a Senior Manager in Corporate Finance, you will be a senior member of our practice providing deal experience, mentorship and training to a growing team. You will have significant opportunities for personal and professional growth, and to accelerate your career as far as you are willing to take it. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Lead a range of corporate finance projects concurrently assuming responsibility for the day-to-day execution and delivery.
- Assume a client facing role leading meetings, presentations and working sessions.
- Manage, mentor and train team members.
- Lead proactive business origination and sector coverage initiatives.
- Review complex financial models relating to forecasts, financings, valuations and business analysis.
- Conduct industry, public market and precedent transaction research and analysis.
- Undertake engagement and practice management responsibilities, including billings and adherence to professional practice requirements.
Keys to your success:
- Business degree with 5 - 8 years of relevant post-graduate experience, acquired in investment banking, commercial/corporate banking, research, private equity, management consulting, corporate development, or other similar corporate finance role.
- Experience in advising companies on both buy and sell side transactions in the middle market.
- Financing capabilities including experience in arranging senior, subordinated, asset backed and equity financing.
- CPA, CBV, MBA and/or CFA designation is an asset but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills.
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ, and other related tools.
- Must be willing to travel within Canada.
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment is essential.
- Ability to build a network and effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Collaborative team player that can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and an ability to solve complex technical problems.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Banking, Finance and Insurance