Requisition ID: 59734
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job:
The Senior Manager, Corporate Trade Finance Sales is responsible for the development of Trade Finance business with GBM existing and prospect corporate clients and the maintenance/enhancement of relationships with existing accounts.
The Senior Manager has two major roles: (i) to obtain new business through the analysis of client requirements, appropriate marketing efforts and the structuring and implementation of solutions. (ii) to provide high quality account administration.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for origination and the end to end delivery of the trade finance solutions, including:
i) Trade letters of credit - imports,
ii) Trade letters of credit - exports,
iii) Standby letters of credit,
v) Other trade related products and services as appropriate.
The incumbent will also play a leading role in coordinating the implementation of client solutions with other Regional Offices and Hubs particularly in Europe, USA, LATAM as well as Asia. Working in collaboration with business partners across the Bank's global footprint, the Senior Manager is responsible for providing guidance, support and execution on Trade Finance solutions for GBM customers and prospects with incoming and outgoing transactions. He/She must work closely with various teams including GWO, Trade Services Centres, Legal and Risk Control and others to ensure customer service is consistent with Scotiabank standards.
The Senior Manager is expected to independently address complex product, legal, operational and administrative matters for existing accounts and prospects.
Client contact will be an integral part of this role and may include contact with clients' senior Trade Finance and Treasury management functions, compliance, legal counsel and operational teams. Major Accountabilities:
- Support the development and profitable growth of the Trade Finance portfolio (Sales Skills):
- Delivering business development program by planning, organizing and implementing activities designed to maintain an ongoing and active prospect sales pipeline. This includes participating in effective sales calls in order to qualify opportunities, cross selling and leading the promotion and marketing of Trade Finance products and services to GBM clients and prospects;
- Identifying prospects / referrals from both internal / external networks;
- Preparing client presentations and pitch-books customized for specific client solutions;
- Effectively using SalesForce to document pre-call, sales call reports and maintaining pipeline of opportunities. Providing effective post-call follow-up to customer enquiries and/or concerns;
- Promoting referrals to/from different parts of the Scotiabank Group network.
- Managing Trade Finance portfolio to maximize revenues and meet established business targets, while protecting the Bank's position (Know how):
- Participate in negotiating terms, conditions, and documentation pertaining to Traditional Trade Finance transactions and facilities;
- Proactively monitoring the growth of the assigned portfolio and monitoring profitability of individual accounts by collating, analyzing and interpreting information from various sources; Providing input on pricing of new and renewals of traditional trade finance facilities;
- Negotiating product terms and facility documentation such as Reimbursement Agreements etc and others with clients, ensuring timely review and amendments, if any, in order to close the transaction within the authorized parameters;
- Developing and implementing account plans to retain and expand customer relationships with the Bank and/or its subsidiaries and branches worldwide.
- Provide service to existing and new customers (Problem Solving):
- Ensuring a high level of service is provided to Trade Finance customers and GBM Partners, and that all activities are in compliance with the Bank's established Policies and Procedures;
- Developing an in-depth understanding of customer/prospect business and needs to be able to provide appropriate trade finance solutions and/or refer them to the appropriate resources; either local or international;
- Responding promptly and thoroughly to enquiries of all types with a sense of urgency and working closely with support teams across our footprint to address trade finance opportunities and/or resolve servicing issues.
- Anticipating challenges and taking prompt actions pro-actively to correct course before becoming detrimental to the relationship continuity;
- Possess a high level of competence in trade-related matters (Accountability):
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of Trade Finance products and services;
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of services for trade business offered by governmental
agencies, industry associations and credit insurance (private and public);
- Keeping abreast of competitors' products, services, and initiatives in the international marketplace;
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge developments in trade globally, regulations, UCP, free trade agreements
and other areas affecting trade;
- The position requires advanced knowledge of the trade products and an understanding of the applicability of the products to customer needs. The Senior Manager must be able to provide solutions to identified client needs, drawing on his/her advanced knowledge and provide advice/training on trade finance solutions to business partners/clients.
- Support the overall strategy for Global Business Payments - Trade Finance to achieve business objectives by:
- Ensuring a high level of customer service for Trade products, acting as an escalation point for customer service issues and ensuring retention of existing business;
- Liaising when necessary with product management to keep up to date on current features and future enhancements, new products, and services.
- Promote referrals to other parts of the Scotiabank Group by:
- Keeping abreast of product offerings from other business lines;
- Referring opportunities to other GBM/Scotiabank partners as appropriate.
- Safeguard the Bank's assets and liabilities by:
- Ensuring compliance with established Policies and Procedures;
- Adhering to regulatory and internal Bank requirements including anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing and compliance criteria, while being cognizant of local regulatory parameters;
- Ensuring all Compliance policies are followed including "Know Your Customer" guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of the Trade Finance products and services, documentation requirements and trade finance policies including procedures around trade activities.
- Expert knowledge of prospecting techniques and account planning.
- Thorough knowledge of documentation required to implement GBP's Trade Finance products.
- If internal, thorough knowledge of the Bank's trade finance technology platforms (Trade 360, TEE Plus)
- Thorough knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering Practices and Procedures within the Bank.
- Minimum degree qualification in a relevant subject
- 8 to 10+ years' experience in a Trade Finance, or Product/Account Management, and/or credit risk analysis roles within a banking environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of the following areas would be a distinct advantage:
- Traditional Trade Finance Instruments (SBLCs/Guarantees)
- Trade Finance Documentation (Facility Letters, Reimbursement Agreements, Indemnities)
- Trade Finance specific credit risks and mitigates
- Trade Finance work experience with Corporate entities in Oil & Gas segment will be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Sales Management, Financial, Bank, Banking, Sales, Finance