Requisition ID: 50800
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
The Senior Manager, Credit is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective maintenance of a designated portfolio of loans at an acceptable level of risk, by exercising sound credit judgment in approving and recommending applications, monitoring credit quality, conditions, and collection activity, thereby ensuring loan losses are minimized.
Adjudicate on credits for Mid-Market Segment Credits for Commercial Banking within the framework of the Commercial Credit Administration Handbook, Bank Policy, and Credit Policy. Key Accountabilities
- Ensure credit applications are adjudicated promptly, within the Bank's risk selection parameters.
- Ensure sound and timely credit decisions conforming to Bank policies and procedures by:
- exercising sound credit judgment in approving and declining credit applications within established limits;
- presenting sound and effective recommendations on credit requests above established limits,
- ensuring credit applications are properly, accurately and completely investigated, analyzed and documented in relation to Bank policies and procedures;
- Maintaining a current awareness of the Bank's loan policies, economic and business trends.
- Oversees an assigned portfolio, monitors unsatisfactory trends in risk ratings, credit conditions, overdue reporting, annual reviews etc., and initiates corrective action.
- Contribute to the development of the Bank's commercial human resources by identifying training/coaching needs.
- Provides coaching, direction and guidance to Banking and Business Service Centre staff concerning credit applications when required.
- Restructures credit requests as necessary to make bankable deals in line with Bank policy and guidelines. Negotiates with CRM's and Team leads to ensure credit terms and conditions are appropriate to ensure sound risk selection and that client needs are met.
- Liaise with business partners in Commercial, Professional, and Private Banking (as required) to maintain open communication to ensure Scotia service levels are provided to internal customers.
- Participates in projects to ensure better efficiencies and uniformity/transparency to existing processes and procedures
- Contributes to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank's Commercial Credit portfolio within assigned Region.
- strong negotiation and problem resolution skills;
- strong communication skills, written and verbal, in order to produce informative, concise and professional credit replies, presentations and correspondence;
- strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively and efficiently;
- strong coaching and counseling skills in credit
- a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's products and services;
- an expert understanding of Bank lending policies and procedures, financial analysis, risk assessment techniques, credit structuring, collateral and security documentation and registration, collection, related legislation and accounting practices;
- a good understanding of the Bank's operating policies and procedures;
- proven credit judgment;
- proven ability in administering a Commercial credit portfolio;
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Credit, Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Manager, Finance, Management
Posted: February 13, 2019
Closes: April 14, 2019