From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be The opportunity
EY's Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Systems, Processes & Analytics (FAAS-SPA) group specializes in advising Finance leaders on relevant and emerging issues and trends within the Finance function. Central to the effectiveness of the Finance function is its ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders to drive critical business insights and support strategic decision making and growth. We understand the evolving role of the CFO and the Finance function, and work with our clients to automate and streamline efficiency, control, and compliance functions, while simultaneously improving the value Finance provides to the organization. We assist our clients with business and internal finance performance improvement initiatives by providing business advisory services that result in the achievement of measurable benefits in financial and operational effectiveness, controls, and strategic decision making.
FAAS SPA focuses on three main areas including:
Systems and processes
We support our clients in designing, implementing and managing financial processes & controls that support the efficient service delivery and drive leading finance function performance. Services include:
• Process reengineering and robotics process automation • Business intelligence and data warehousing • Optimization of internal control and compliance functions • Transforming the role of Finance
Performance management / measurement
We partner with our clients in understanding the costs of processes, activities, products/services, customers, etc. through process mapping, cost accounting, and value chain analyses. We also design, define, and implement performance metrics to provide business insights and support executive decision-making, including more accurate and valuable business plans & budgets.
Our analytics team supports CFO's decision-making processes by improving data integrity and quality and the effective deployment of analytics tools and capabilities. These are central to providing timely and actionable information upon which to base management decisions, such as staffing levels, product and service mix, channel effectiveness, and assess business cases.
Your key responsibilities
• Take a lead role in business development initiatives including supporting business development executives in go-to-market activities, service offering development and roll-out, proposal development, responding to RFX's and participating in oral presentations; • Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management throughout the year; • Plan, manage and participate in external client consulting engagements involving the advancement of the CFO agenda, looking at a company's internal finance and accounting processes and advising clients on solutions a to increase processing efficiency, drive automation or reengineer existing processes to better align with future state target operating models; • Be seen as a subject matter advisor in a particular area, service offering or industry, and support relevant go-to-market activities in this area; • Collaborate to plan and establish expectations of value to be delivered, and engagement objectives and strategies that comply with professional standards and appropriately address risk; • Understand the client's industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technical and industry developments. Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the client; • Assist in managing the financial and commercial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders; and • Understand EY and its service lines and build strong internal relationships across the firm, including within Advisory, Tax and Transactions People Management responsibilities
• Develop people through effective coaching, supervision and mentoring • Conduct timely performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff • Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, talent retention, and training and development • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures To qualify for the role you must have
We are looking for individuals with both subject matter knowledge and the soft skills necessary to be an effective team player and business advisor, be comfortable learning, and gain the confidence of our clients:
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and 8+ years of related work experience • Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CPA (or equivalent) • Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support • Finance transformation • Process transformation and improvement • Planning, budgeting and forecasting • Performance measurement and performance management • Business performance reporting • Financial statement close process • Cost allocation and funding models • Knowledge and working experience on business processes including record to report, plan-to-perform, order-to-cash, and procure-to-pay • Track record with a blue chip consulting firm in the field • Project and change management • Engagement economics and management • The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment • Experience managing staff on multiple projects and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges • Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs • A strong understanding of procurement processes • T rack record of leading business development and client relationship • Experience in developing client centric responses to proposals
All of our consultants must be willing to travel frequently on short notice to meet client needs; while our projects are concentrated in our local market, we may be called on to serve clients across North America What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance