SENIOR MANAGER - Immigrant Services
Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Manager for Immigrant Services is responsible for the overall leadership, effective administration, management, and marketing of Options Community Services (OCS) Immigrant Services and for the management and training of Program Managers and other staff and volunteers in the delivery of Immigrant Programs and Services.
Represents Immigrant Services program areas and OCS in the broader communities and keeps current to ensure that programs and services are responsive and relevant to community needs and emerging trends.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Immigrant Services program areas and direct Program Managers and other staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programs and services within OCS policies and procedures, relevant legislation, and accreditation and professional standards.
- Oversee development, revision, implementation, and evaluation of new and existing programs to ensure they are up-to-date, innovative, and meet emerging client needs.
- Develop annual program goals in consultation with staff and others and set and maintain quality levels through audits and evaluations, ensuring all contract objectives are met.
- Monitor program risks, controls, accountability systems, and utilization to the level in Contribution Agreements, other contracts/business plans, ensuring program objectives are met.
- Lead and/or participate in the development of standard and complex funding proposals and grants for new and revised contracts.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship for IS Program Managers and other direct reports, including all aspects of hiring, staff development, performance reviews and corrective action as needed.
- Maintain an efficient, effective and integrated approach to service delivery data collection, evidence based best practices, and monitoring.
- Oversee entering of current program data into electronic record systems to ensure funder outcomes are aligned with contracts. Maintain accurate, complete and confidential client records.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Social Services or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success in a senior supervisory and program/project management role, preferably in the Settlement Sector;
- Proven experience writing successful funding proposals;
- Demonstrated cross cultural experience; experience working with newcomers, vulnerable populations and/or volunteers, second language an asset;
- Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Proven management skills with the ability to lead, motivate, inspire and work collaboratively with staff and teams to fulfill OCS’ Mission.
- Demonstrated initiative for developing and implementing innovative strategies and plans to achieve program and organizational goals.
- Excellent skills for representing OCS in a positive and professional manner with external stakeholders including agencies, government, funders, and the community.
- Excellent ability to work effectively, and establish positive, collaborative working relationships with staff, volunteers, community groups, non-profits, funding agencies and all other stakeholders.
- Ability to make sound recommendations and decisions by considering factors based on a mixture of analysis, judgment and experience.
- Ability to coordinate, organize, prioritize and meet timelines, and be flexible to lead others in adapting to changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated Human Resources management skills including recruitment, orientation, staff development, coaching, recognition, performance management, and discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management and the contracting process.
- Proven ability as a critical thinker who is able to assess situations rationally, problem solve and resolve conflicts with a win-win approach.
- Ability to utilize and adapt to new technologies including Word, Excel, OCS databases, and other software required by the role.
- Crisis Line experience an asset.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
Closing date: Resumes will be reviewed starting [December 5, 2018] but the posting will remain open until the position is filled and will be closed without notice.
PLEASE APPLY TO: Christine Mohr, Executive Director
Options Community Services Society
Email: Christine.Mohr@options.bc.ca" target="_blank">Christine.Mohr@options.bc.ca
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21226] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.
Posted: November 19, 2018
Closes: January 18, 2019