Our Internal Audit (Risk) practice, a specialty group within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive advisory services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational services to clients. These services help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their Internal Audit, Internal Control and Risk Management functions, as well as their key business processes. Our Advisory practice seeks a consummate team player with a strong work ethic and excellent consulting skills for the role of Senior Manager in Calgary. This professional will plan, lead and perform advisory engagements as a member of the management team and in accordance with the client's plan, risk management strategy and EY's methodologies. Your key responsibilities
• Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders Skills and attributes for success
• Establish objectives and scope of work; establish the engagement budget; and take responsibility for the overall execution of the project through wrap-up and final report delivery, in compliance with EY quality requirements.
• Lead internal audit engagements and risk assessments.
• Manage and oversee Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audit procedures of a complex nature, including establishing a top down risk based approach, and the proper nature, timing, and extent of procedures, and planning and coordinating SOX activities related to internal controls documentation and testing
• Coordinate and perform audit and ICFR procedures of a moderately complex nature
• Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel.
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the client's business.
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership.
• Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements.
• Foster teamwork and innovation.
• Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
• Understand EY and its service lines.
• Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply EY's services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Willingness to travel throughout Canada and the United States
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills To qualify for the role you must have
• Demonstrated consistency in values, principles, and work ethic
• Strong skills in project management and engagement management
• Strong skills in leading a team of diverse employees
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a business-related field What we look for
• A minimum of 8 years of related business experience in internal control and internal audit experience
• Solid experience in Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR), including SOX, Bill 198, COSO 2013 and integrated audit
• Experience in internal audit and good knowledge of IIA Standards required
• Experience in enterprise risk management (ERM), data analytics and continuous control monitoring (CCM) and GRC considered an asset
• CIA or CPA certification required
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry About EY
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance